Talk of the best recruiting class Utah has ever had.

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would have to agree, especially I think a few of them had USC offers and Utah managed to keep them.  I think Utah coaches should be very happy.  Dline is pretty much solidified for the next three-four years.

Personally I am really high on that kid from Florida, Zack Moss I got to say he reminds me a lot of Booker.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3119301/zack-moss

Which is a way premature comparison but he has a good build and vision.  I actually think he competes for time with Williams and McCormick.

I would say Bolles is the biggest immediate impact player.  Luafatasaga also looks to fill an immediate need.  I feel like Troy Williams has the QB job pretty much locked up.  But it will be interesting to see Cox compete for the position.
      I am so excited for the defense next year.  It will be interesting to see Scalley coaching them will it be similar to Sitake or Pease or like Whitt?  If Utah locks up Bills and Tupai this will be an amazing class though for sure.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am also ecstatic for Huntley but lets hope he takes over next season.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes most of those who follow this stuff are pretty excited. Sounding good to me, though I don’t follow the recruiting gig that heavily.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Lot of sign and sends in this class. Who we got coming back?

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Howard Pututau is a LB / DE
      Pita Tonga is a DT

That’s it, I think

Anonymous
      Inactive

The thing that concerns me about Zac Moss is that he’s listed at 4.76 for the 40. That is not break away speed, nor fast enough to get around the corners in the PAC-12. For comparison, Joe Williams runs a 4.38 for the 40. Not sure what Booker ran, but had to be in the 4.4 range. I think Brandon Cox runs a high 4.48 to low 4.5 for the 40. Chase Hansen reportedly in the 4.5 range.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Booker ran a 4.5: 4.5 extra yards gained after contact while dragging defenders along with him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah I think Erickson knows what he is doing. Kid has instincts just watching his film I could see that.

I am still not sold on Joseph Williams. The dude is fast and can hit a hole when it is there. But he has zero instincts so when a play is snuffed he usually will take a loss or hell a fumble. Looking forward to McCormick staying healthy.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I think people are too hard on Williams for the fumble problems. If people remember correctly some guy named Devontae Booker couldn’t hold on to the rock so he wasn’t the start when the season started in 2014.

Ball security is something that can easily be taught and fixed. You can’t teach speed. As for instinct it is really hard to say. Booker had an unique ability to find holes where there were none. Later in the season when William eventually took over there wasn’t much push from the O-line. Especially against BYU.

I’ll label Williams as a wait and see I guess, but I think he is the starter next year with McCormick coming in for change of pace & slot.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      1. I remember seeing Williams hit the gap he was supposed despite it being absolutely covered up. Just to his right was a huge hole. Some guys lack that ability but we shall see.
      2. Booker considering the amount of times he touches the football hardly ever fumbled like Williams on a probability basis alone.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

You clearly do not remember Booker during spring and fall camp 2014. That is THE reason he didn’t start coming in. Booker had a fumble problem. He fixed it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah I remember that and Utah suffered with him on the bench until he came in.  We talking bout practice Booker has always been solid in games.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Talk of the best recruiting class Utah has ever had.