Targeting needs to be fixed.

Viewing 5 reply threads

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

USU and BYU players ejected after offensive player lowers helmet to brace for contact. 

Then they miss the blatant targeting by Tooley in the first half. 

If the offensive player lowers his heat or crouches to brace for contact targeting shouldn’t be called. 

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I agree. Targeting penalty should be removed from the game.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Yes. Both times defensive player sets pad level to hit offensive players mid section, then offensive player lowers head and helmet to helmet happens. Such a dumb targeting call. 

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

Agree to disagree. Our boy, Cole Bishop demonstrated if you do it right, the helmet to helmet may still happen but it isn’t targeting. Compare his sack on the ASU QB with the targeting by the TDS CB last night and the difference is pretty clear.

Ute_tastic
      Ute Fan
      @ctbo139pk

I didn’t see the Tooley incident so I’m not going to comment on that one.

The ejection is the unfortunate part of the targeting rule. While I think that both of the targeting calls by rule were correct, I don’t believe that either of the incidents was so bad that they warranted being ejected from the game.

I would like to see a level 1 and 2 of the targeting call where the first level is like the ones from last night’s game and the second level is that of a head-hunter type hit where the defender is overly aggressive and dangerous. a level 1 still has the 15-yard penalty with an automatic first down and that the level 2 has the same in-game penalty but with an extended ejection of that game and the entire next game.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

That was an awesome hit and wow so fast watching it on TV.

Totally agree both were lowering their heads and I felt like targeting shouldn’t have been called.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Targeting needs to be fixed.