Thank You, Tony

Viewing 5 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Tony (@admin),

Man, I gotta hand it to you. I spent about 10 minutes over on that other site this morning, and I couldn’t help but just shake my head. It is a very unique culture, and yay for that – but it feels like the “norm” over there is to act with as little respect as possible for others opinions.

I am highly appreciative of not only having an alternative board to visit to discuss Utah sports, but also of the culture that seems to be being built here – one of respect, maturity, and class.

Thanks for all you do. I’m looking forward to watching this board become more and more popular.

Sincerely,

Lefty

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by leftyjace.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I agree with your assessment of the two boards.  I expect like I’m sure all here that this board will continue to grow.   I just really hope with the growth respect and class remain.

I would also like to add my voice to those that have already thanked you.  Thanks for the site.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My pleasure. I’ve had a blast putting this thing together and building it from NOTHING. I’m proud of where the site is and what it offers so far and it isn’t even a YEAR old. I’m happy to have established so many new friendships through the site.

Without great MEMBERS and their participation, the best fan site in the world would be useless, so my thanks goes back to you!

I will continue to work hard on making the site better, funner, more engaging, and easy to use. Suggestions welcomed! You never know. I might build it if you think of it (can you say Pick Em?).

Be sure to tell your friends to stop by. The best advertising is word of mouth.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

Agree. This site is a great place to share opinions, talk Utah sports and know there is a certain level of civility. UF.Net has some funny inside jokes and I have enjoyed some of what goes on over there, but pretty much since this site started I have found myself shaking my head in disgust at the what seems to be the prevailing attitude over there.

I feel like the general attitude here is “we are all Utah fans and even though our politics, religion etc may be different we are all on the same team.”

You rock Tony!

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’d like to echo the previous messages. Tony, you have a very difficult task, which I know you are up to handling.

I want to come to a board and discuss UTE sports, things that UNITE the board. Rather than divisive religious, political, petty arguments. I admit I posted a few times over the summer over there, however, I have been on this site since football season began. I started over there in 2002. And after 14 years, especially the last few where the board turned into the Wild West, I’m glad you saw the opportunity to build a board which meets at least my wants. I’m hoping this week goes quickly, I’m ready for the rest of the season. I’m so glad I don’t live in Utah this week each year.

Tony, thanks for this board, and don’t hesitate to take action if things aren’t civil, it’s your place, but somewhere I like to hang out.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I should delete the one religious post I just posted LOL. Sorry about that.

UTE98
          Ute Fan
          @ute98

No Tony, I don’t think you should. I am LDS, grew up in Boise, and absolutely feel your pain. Religion will creep into posts from time to time, and I don’t feel your post crossed any lines. Utah is just such an absolute strange place. My wife and I are about 13 years from retirement and she thinks we should retire in SLC so we can attend more Utah football, basketball, and volleyball games in addition to gymnastics.

Utah is so strange due to the predominant religion and BYU fans I’d actually prefer to retire in Western Idaho/Eastern Oregon. It would be closer to my family and her parents, and I’d still be willing to make the trip to SLC for football games and a few basketball games. I’m not sure I can handle the BYU fans or the culture there. Perhaps I’m a bit more progressive but BYU shouldn’t represent the religion I belong to, it embarrasses me. I loved my diverse friends in Virginia and their many different backgrounds, and also here in Colorado, not that I’m smoking the wacky tobacky but I’ve met some great people who are all wonderful. Oh, and if if makes you feel any better, my son plays with non-LDS kids as well as LDS. We live in a strange place where there is a high amount of LDS, but we don’t make a big deal out of it and I hope he won’t as well. It is borderline Utah, though lucky for me, my backyard neighbors, UTES!!!!!

FormerUteSax
            Ute Fan
            @formerutesax

The problem with Western Idaho is Boise State fans. I lived/worked there for almost 2 years and in my opinion the potato zoobs and smurf turf are almost as bad as tds zoobs.

UTE98
              Ute Fan
              @ute98

I grew up in Boise, left in 1986, and have only spent a few days here and there in Boise since.

I never knew the smurf turf, I mean they put it in after I graduated HS, summer of 1986. I had a piece of the original smurf turf, I went to Campus Elementary school on BSU’s campus, so I grew up close to BSU. All of my siblings have taken classes there, my brother has two Bachelors and my sister a Masters from BSU, I took a SCUBA class my senior year in HS. I’m not sure they all wanted to disown me, but I went with a Virginia Tech fan to the game at FedEx field, wearing a VT shirt. My brother called me to let me know what he thought of me.

Sadly the biggest knock in my book against both Boise and SLC is the inversion. Living here in Denver we export our pollution to Kansas and Nebraska, just how I like it.

But yes Potato Zoobs have gotten much worse the past 10 years.

CincyUte
                Ute Fan
                @cincyute

My cousin has two masters degrees from Boise State. As you can probably guess, she drives a sixteen wheeler.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I actually do like Boise. Just not for college football

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Boise is a great place in the summer. Floating the river, doesn’t get dark until about 10:30ish. I can’t imagine how late it is in Northern Idaho. Benefits of being close to the time zone and farther north.

Boise has really grown as a city since I left, much more culture, sports and other activities. If you’re ever in Boise, go to the Boise Fry Company, I just found that place this March, and it is heaven. And yes the Blueberry ketchup is good, after you get used to the purple color. I had it on purple potato fries, with a side of Bison Burger.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.