The 2-pt conversion attempt

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

Wow! He was open for a long time even before Williams was in trouble. Too bad

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Yeah…that was my reaction. It’s hard to second-guess, especially when watching from the comfort of our living room and not from the position of the QB. However, as you pointed out, Carrington was open for quite some time and TW was still a ways behind the LOS. Also, as Carring was streaming across the end-zone (vis-a-vis vertically), conceptually, TW had a lot of window/angles to pass the ball.

Given how open Carrington was, even a jump-pass would’ve worked. Oh well.

4 2

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

That is painful to watch. Poor Troy. I don’t care what the twitter trolls say. He really did play decent last night. Way better than Travis Wilson did in 2015. That will sting for a while. Soooo close to winning that game. 

1 3

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

No Williams stinks. Thumbs down way down. 

2 2

crazyute
          Ute Fan
          @crazyute

Putting up 14 points until the last 10 seconds of a game is not playing well. There were open WR all night that were missed again. The low throw to Wilson when he was wide open and got reviewed and overturned was absolutely terrible.

Some of you have really low standards on QB play.

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

USC fans were saying the same about Darnold on twitter at the half. 

Troy made mistakes, no doubt, but he’s the back up QB and nearly led the Utes to victory on the road against a top 10 team. But yeah, he stinks. 

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Even though I disagree with you sometimes, we missed ya in chat last night. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Havent seen that view yet. I thought I’d recovered from last night’s nut punch but this just did it again.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Somebody made to comment that the word is out that when Troy scrambles he drops his eyes and tucks the ball. So defensive coordinators are dropping coverage on the wide outs (this play would seem to support that comment). The thing is we need to take advantage of that tendency if we use Troy again and have him tuck and run, then pull up and look for the open man. Don’t know if he can do that but it would be an interesting thought.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The 2-pt conversion attempt