Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

at turning the ball over.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Youth.

They are actually playing pretty well against a better team in my opinion.  

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’d buy the youth explanation for anyone but Bonham, who turned the ball over about 40,000 times.

CapitalUte
      Ute Fan
      @capitalute

Even when they don’t turn it over, 31% shooting and 14% from three isn’t going to get it done. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah this is getting ugly.  Refs are not helping Utah at all.  I don’t think I ever remember getting home cookin calls.  

Anonymous
        Inactive

Ok five second turnover is just stupid. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

That game was so frustrating. I left with about 7 minutes left in the 2nd half. I just couldn’t watch. Too painful.
      Here is what I’ve figured out after watching this team so far this season:

1. I was completely wrong. We have a lot of great individual players, but not a cohesive team. That will take some time and work.
      2. We pass WAY too much. Too many people are afraid to step up and shoot the ball. The whole team just waits for Kuzma and Bonham to take charge.
      3. Bonham tries to win the game himself. He doesn’t pass, he doesn’t distribute.
      4. We can’t hit an outside shot to save our life, and sometimes we can’t hit the inside shot either.
      5. This is going to be a long season.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Just get in the tournament. What is the projections for the Utes in the Pac 12 this year? I don’t keep nearly as close tabs on hoops as the gridiron.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Not good if they play like that. Butler was a winnable game if not for the reasons above. Someone needs to shoot. Hopefully the late additions Utah can get some offense. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) The basketball team is good