The Drawbacks of Tapatalk

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A few users have been excited to find that I implemented the Tapatalk app to the site. Tapatalk is basically an app that makes web message boards more simple and readable on mobile devices. It is basically doing for the site what a decent web design for mobile SHOULD have done, and what I’m working on.

Drawbacks

I installed Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy smartphone to see what the big deal was. The app strips the site branding, site menus, sidebars, footers right out and only gives the user the option here to read the Hub Blog or the forum posts. By stripping out that content, much of the experience here is lost. Users can’t vote in or even see the polls. Users can’t see the link I have to the 2015 football schedule and results in the right column (currently). They can’t see the latest topics module, board stats (not a big deal there), active users, twitter feed, next game module, about page, contact page, member list, member activity stream, chat room.

Inside the forum area tapatalk is also stripping out some of the forum functions, like the voting thumbs up/thumbs down.

At some point I will be adding some ads here to offset operating expenses and also give some Ute based vendors a chance to reach the members and even provide prizes/contests or gear giveaways. Tapatalk will strip those out too, if they’re in any of those areas I mentioned above.

These are a LOT of features missing for those users who use Tapatalk.

Soooo for now I’ll leave Tapatalk on to give those users their mobile experience they’re looking for. In the meantime I’ll be working to make the site’s mobile delivery better (see the new forum index by the way), and hopefully eventually there will be no need for Tapatalk.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Tony (admin).

Anonymous
      Inactive

I prefer using the browser on my phone. I tried posting on Tapatalk yesterday and didn’t like it.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions The Drawbacks of Tapatalk