The main problem is this team wasn’t tested for 8 games.

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

they only had to play half a game for 8 weeks in a row. They didn’t have to scrap and fight with the game in doubt in the 4th quarter or the first quarter, hardly ever. So we run into Oregon and Texas and it’s like we’re mental midgets not knowing how to fight back. Utah
      beat a bunch of crappy teams for 8 games and thought they were something because of it. The reality is the Utes had a super favorable home schedule and beat a bunch of teams with losing records…then, when our backs were against the wall and we got punched in the nose by Oregon, we didn’t know how to respond because we hadn’t been tested. The truth is, the Uboyz read their press clippings and drank in the koolaid, as did we as fans….but for good reason…a team reels of 8 games by a 29 pt margin, ok.
      We are turning into BYU – kind of…all the fans and announcers gushing over all the players for so long the players lose that edge and that chip on their shoulder and that dogfight mentality…instead, all is well in Zion, “I’m so happy we’re going to the rose Bowl at minimum.” Pffft
      We all bought into the hype machine, sat down, undid our belts like the guy on married with Children and relaxed. I saw Max’s Tupai having some fight in him. I hope he can harness that fight next year. I don’t know who will be our other Linebacker with Lund away from the team but I hop we get a fast mauler.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Lund is away from the team ?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I read that on a pay for site by one of the mods, apparently he has some personal issues to take care of and some (fans) are doubtful he gets everything straightened out in time for fall. But I really don’t know the details other than this gossip.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Stanford released him. Which is unheard of usually in College Football. I don’t think he will get himself right.  

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Whitt can’t get his team up for the biggest games of the year. Harding can’t teach pass pro. Shah is in over his head as sole ST coordinator. Ludwig has no idea how to pick up a 4th down. Great Year!

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Washington teated them pretty well. Had to come back in the second half to win.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The main problem is this team wasn’t tested for 8 games.