To make sure everyone understands, being cleared to practice is not

Viewing 3 reply threads

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

being cleared for contact. There seems to be some confusion among the fan base with that.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

According to @onlyu he has been cleared medically, when he is ready to play is up to him.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Thanks Pedro I am totally confused. Can you clarify if a knee is cleared for full use with no restrictions. To me that means you can trust the knee is healed. So is there a time frame when contact is cleared? Seems that knee will be vulnerable for contact anytime after it has healed no matter the time frame? Just trying to make sense of it all. Thanks in advance

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

I certainly do not have any insider info like I used to, but having seen similar injuries, I’m guessing it’s a support issue (muscular). For you and I, the surgeon do their thing and send us on our way telling us to be careful with it for a little while and slowly get back into things. With these high level athletes, they want to make sure the muscles around the injury are as strong as they can be to support the work the surgeons did because that is what is needed. Obviously building muscles on an injured appendage can be difficult and he likely lost a lot of strength during his inactivity following the repair.

Again, just my insight. OnlyU is great and I hang on his every word because he has earned it, but the fact that he missed this one just tells me moreso that it’s a strength\muscle support concern as everyone builds that back on different time frames.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Wouldnt that be under the healing process? No restrictions means healing has occurred. Otherwise there would be some restrictions. Contact has nothing to do with the healing. Thanks Pedro go Utes

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football To make sure everyone understands, being cleared to practice is not