Tonight’s game was just as I expected

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I expected a little lack of laser sharp focus given the circumstances. The goal tonight was to try to make it through with no major injuries or targeting penalties and hope for a win. The next goal was to try and keep our starters getting some live game reps. In a nearly meaningless game we performed as I expected, by keeping Colorado just far enough out of reach. I didn’t expect us to be “all gas and no brake.” I expected us to be in first or 2nd gear and back and forth on the brake. 

I actually like the fact that we had some errors and mistakes tonight, like special teams and some offensive issues like the INT.  Hopefully that keeps us from being complacent and gives us motivation to improve and clean things up. 

Mission accomplished. 

richute
      Ute Fan
      @richute

Hopefully we get a repeat of the previous two weeks. Didn’t play great vs AZ, but the mistakes were coachable and then came out firing on all cylinders against Oregon. I have faith we will come ready to play next week.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The plays were left on the field. Rising made a decision at key times that resulted in a negative. He also made throws on that seam for touchdowns that were amazing. It was mistakes with zero credit given to opponent so it is very easy thing to correct.
        That improv touchdown to Covey was fun to he made a great decision on that read.

Defense was pretty flawless. The broken play on the neutral zone infraction being the bad. A few missed TFL’s that didn’t cost points. Game was never in doubt so it’s ok.

4 1

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

I would agree with almost everything except the mistakes have been recurring issues since game 1 and 12 games later we still don’t have the answers. And the issues I am referring to are 100% special teams play. Kickoff coverage, place kicking, punting, all of it minus Covey punt returns. It’s either these mistakes are not correctable or our special teams coaches were unable to fix the issue after 3 months. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Yes. ST is a problem. Unfortunately it’s not going to fixed by next week. Sp, we hope and pray.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tonight’s game was just as I expected