Troy Williams

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 2

Anonymous
      Inactive

13-40 for 160 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. Time for a change.

1 2

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Couldn’t agree more. Plus his decision making on the fly is non existent. Case in point:
      – throwing the ball away on a 2 point conversion instead of just throwing up for grabs to give your guys a chance? WTF?
      – Literally freezing in place on a zone option read instead of making a sharp decision

Guy cant think on his feet

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

It’s not all on him. Ute WRs dropped at least 9 passes tonight. Utah’s pass route concepts are elementary at best basically High School level. No adjustments no presnap reads or hot routes.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

No adjustments no presnap reads or hot routes.

That’s what really makes our offense easy to defend.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Stop with the excuses. At this point you know what you’ve got. USC started 1-3 with Max Brown, a 5* top of his class QB. Then they replace him with 4* Sam Darnold and they go 7-1 the rest of the way and everyone on both sides of the ball starts playing better. Just shows how important that QB position is. We’ve seen enough of Troy Williams and he’s a bottom quartile PAC 12 QB. Next year is a rebuilding year. Don’t invest the reps in
        A guy who’s leaving. Invest those reps in Tyler Huntley. Williams will be your back up. He ain’t going anywhere. No one would take him.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I have a hard time slamming Troy. He was the #1 dual threat recruit in the nation according to Rivals out of high school. 4 star with good offers. It makes me sick that his talent has been so under utilized. Yeah he didn’t look good tonight but there are 10 other offensive players. All playing in a sucky system. With assistant coaches who should be at UTEP or New Mexico St. Hell, i sometimes think Ben Roethlisberger wouldn’t do much better in Utah’s offensive system. Not really. But you know what I mean.

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

He can’t run the read option.  When he makes the wrong read, say gives when he should have kept, you know damn sure he’s going to keep the next time regardless of what the read is.  He only knows the correct read after the fact.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

The fact that you don’t allow a QB to audible when needed contributes to the QB’s inability to progress through the season.No progression leads to actual regression. As teams learn the propensity for a coaches play calling, it becomes much easier to defend. Without the permission to audible a QB’s hands are tied, and the offense becomes predictable and stagnant.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Williams