Under the hood tweaks

Viewing 0 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In an effort to try and make reading posts the best user experience possible on the website, I’m trying to use some code to ensure the user uses the link dialog for links, and can also paste in Youtube or Twitter URL’s directly into the content area so they’ll properly preview. I think I have it, but here’s what should happen when creating a new topic:

1. Pasting a youtube or twitter link into the content area should be allowed. Once posted most of the time the content will be a full preview. This should work for shortened youtube links as well.

2. Pasting a non-youtube/twitter link into the content area will not be allowed and the user will be alerted to use the link dialog.

3. Plain text without any links, pasted into the content area should be allowed.

4. Youtube or Twitter links pasted into the link dialog will trigger an alert to tell the user that this method will produce a clickable link, but not a preview.

5. Regular links posted into the link dialog are allowed, and the only way to post regular links.

Thanks for your patience. Also, you may need to clear your browser cache for these changes to start to work.

GO UTES!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Under the hood tweaks