USC Bans the Harambe Ape Crawl Entrance

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

That program looks like a dumpster fire.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I think that what they did is stupid.  I don’t think it had anything to do with the on field performance.  Just like a lot of stupid things in College Football have nothing to do with the outcome.  It seems like Helton is trying to get control of things though and is a little desperate.  Utah should have more wins against USC in their down years.  Just so much damn talent.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

some damage control. Maybe some mental repair. Sh*# like that looks so, so much worse when you go and lose by 46

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Thanks for posting. I’d love to bathe in the crumbling of USC but we’ve only beaten them once so I’ll keep quiet. Seeing and reading this type of stuff just makes our losses to them more painful. We need to hand them a solid loss this year. I’m tired of being owned by USC.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I monitor the WeAreSC.com forum and can tell you there’s a lot of soul searching going on there and apparently with the coaching staff too. For an NFL Scout to say that they looked scared, that’s saying something. Basically, the coaching staff did not have that team prepared.

I have long believed that USC suffers from their elite players believing their own press clippings. They come in as 4 and 5 star recruits with a lot of hype, but that also comes with a sense of 4 and 5 star entitlement that the coaching staff has cultivated, rather than break it down and be rid of it through a tough boot camp like training program.

Their team lacks focus. The Harambe is an example. So it was so important that they planned that junk out so they would look like a bunch of ferocious animals? Sorry but the dance was followed up with no fight.

I still remember the USC loss at Utah. Leonard Williams spent the entire game taunting the NEZ between downs. Tells me that the NEZ was in his head and that means NOT FOCUSED on the game. Guess what, they lost. But Leonard got his digs in at a bunch of drunk rowdies (thank you NEZ!).

There are posters on WeAreSC wondering whether they might be better off with 2 and 3 stars who are hungry. They do have a point, because hunger to succeed is a big part of it. I know that if you ever stepped on the field or jumped into the pool (water polo) scared, you were certain to lose. Attitude is a big part of it. SC is lacking it.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I have often wondered about the star program and its evaluators. We often say that SC names the talent it wants and gets it. But in reality it is evaluators naming who USC gets.  The players perform obviously but sometimes they miss on character issues because they are all about keep up with the joneses.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 USC Bans the Harambe Ape Crawl Entrance