Utah opens -7 against ASU.

Viewing 3 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

This team seems different from years past and I dont see a let down.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

I agree. They are different. None of our past teams have had this level of defense combined with this competent of an offense. Not to mention this much depth at every position. 

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Whoever wins this game will win the South. I originally thought Oregon would give both us and ASU a lot of trouble, but if you lose by 29 points to Arizona, you’re just not very good, period. Both ASU and Utah are going to be favored in their remaining games and whichever team wins this game should coast through their remaining schedule to a South title.

ASU has been pretty good defensively and inconsistent on offense. They’ve played in a lot of close games this season and will be tough to beat at home. If we play disciplined football and give them a steady diet of Moss we will give ourselves a great chance to win. We need to game plan like this one is for all the marbles (speaking of the South title), because for all intents and purposes it is.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Well, I sorta agree, but you really think that Arizona State is going to win @ BOTH of Oregon AND @ Arizona? I just don’t see it. If Utah wins two out of their final three conference games, they’re going to win the Pac-12 South. 

iamthepreacher
          Ute Fan
          @iamthepreacher

Yes I do. For one, you should really look at the ASU / AZ game as a neutral field game every year. It’s close in proximity for both teams and there will be plenty of fans from both teams in attendance. ASU has fewer flaws than both Oregon and AZ. I think they win those games along with their home game against UCLA. 

In the past, we’ve been in contention for a South title late in the year. We dropped some games that we really needed and left our fate up to other teams, which hasn’t faired well for us. This year it’s time to change that. No more putting our fate in another team’s hands…go out and win the damn thing!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Disagree. ASU will lose to zoregon @ oregon

2 1

iamthepreacher
        Ute Fan
        @iamthepreacher

The one thing Oregon has been really good at this season is hiding their deficiencies. Well the cat got out of the bag against WSU and then they got MAJORLY exposed against AZ. Their defense is not good at tackling and overall just isn’t all that phyical. They’re going to drop some more games.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah opens -7 against ASU.