Utah Soccer Opens 2022 Season Today

Viewing 2 reply threads
      10 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah women’s soccer team kicks off its 2022 season on Thursday when they head to Portland, Ore., to face the University of Portland.

Date | Time: Thursday, Aug. 18 | 8 p.m. (MT)
      Utah (0-0-0) at Portland (0-0-0)
      Live Stats: Click Here
      Live Stream: Click Here

Season Opener Under Nakada 
      Utah enters its second season under head coach Hideki Nakada and is looking to go 2-0 in season-openers under coach Nakada. Last year the Utes won 3-1 over Portland in the season-opener at Ute Field. This season the Utes take on the Pilots at Merlo Field in Portland. 

NCAA Appearances 
      Entering the 2022 season, the Utes will look for their ninth appearance in the NCAA Tournament. The Utes last went to the NCAA Tournament during the 2019 season. Utah’s best finish in the NCAA Tournament was 2016, when they reached the Sweet 16.

Pilot History 
      • Portland has a strong women’s soccer tradition and is one of just five programs to win multiple NCAA Championships in the sport (2002, 2005). 
      • The Pilots have made eight Final Four appearances (1994-96, 1998, 2000-02, 2005) and they’ve won 13 WCC Championships. 
      • The Pilots have advanced to the post-season 21 times overall.
      • The Pilots led the nation in attendance for 10 consecutive seasons (2005-14); in 2018 UP ranked fourth in the country in attendance per game (1,679) and were sixth in overall attendance (18,474).

utahutes.com article

portlandpilots.com article

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Hahnenwk
      Ute Fan
      @hahnenwk

Why would someone down vote this?

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

It is personal. I downvote or upvote posts based on content, not whether or not I like the poster.

I’ve posted negative news before and totally expect to get downvoted, but to target posters personally I believe is not the purpose of thumbs up/thumbs down. If you don’t like a poster and don’t want to see their posts ignore them.

Petty, petty people.

IMO thumbs up the content of the post is of value.

Thumbs down the content of the post is not worth reading or contains negative or wrong information. Probably should have thumbs downed the Florida homer reports. Not really worth wasting the time. Especially a video over 20 minutes long.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I am a bad person, @hahnenwk.

Waybackutefan
          Ute Fan
          @waybackutefan

I don’t know if i’d say you were bad, maybe  eccentric and some of the people on here don’t like mold breakers. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah Soccer Opens 2022 Season Today