Utah USC game

Viewing 6 reply threads

TNutefan41
      Ute Fan
      @tnutefan41

I know they won’t officially announce game time until about 10 days before the game, but does anyone have any insight as to what time slot we might get? Trying to make travel plans. There are 5 or 6 other good matchups that week, but our game is definitely the best pac 12 matchup (there’s only 3 conference games on that day). I don’t know anything about the game selection process for ESPN/FOX.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well it is looking like a potential top 25 matchup. USC will most likely be in the top ten. Utah could be in the teens.
      Be nice to have an afternoon slot and not P12 after everyone on the eastcoast goes to sleep.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

In years past, they played evening games at USC. That probably will be the case this year too. Don’t pay any mo ey that won’t be refunded yet. This guy are tightening up around here and we’re expecting a lock down at some point. Just not sure if it will be before or after that game.

Mule
        Ute Fan
        @mule

It seems to me that a CA lockdown (no fans in the stadium) helps Utah, and seems fair given that U$C came to Rice-Eccles last year when there were no fans.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

If both are ranked, that game could easily get the 12 pm or 4 pm Fox time slot (Pacific time)

MussMan
      Ute Fan
      @mussman

If both teams are ranked, it’s slotted to be on either the 4PM ET or 8 PM ET time slot on Fox according to Matt Sarz, who tracks football on TV better than anyone else I’ve seen.

https://mattsarzsports.com/Season/Contents/football2021

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

There are nonstop Southwest flights to/from SLC/Burbank for as low as $44 one way right now.

If you have points on Southwest it’s even better. I just booked 5 round trip tickets departing Friday 10/8 returning Monday 10/11 for 22k points.

I did this all against my better judgement as every other year I vow not to travel to the USC game, but here we go again.

Also, PAC12 website shows USC game slated for FOX or FS1, which means it will likely get something like a 1/2pm or 5/6pm PT kickoff

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

In 2019 Utah was #11 and USC #22. The game was the “Big Noon Kickoff Game” on Fox and started at 7 pm PST. Being on the west coast gives you a better chance of kicking off late, regardless of your ranking or station it’s broadcast on.

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

2019 was a 6pm PT Friday night game on FS1.

Larry Scott was perpetually under the impression that Friday was everyone’s favorite night of the week to watch college football.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Ok my bad about the time. Unfortunately, we’re still playing with Larry Scott contracts.

redheadedute
      Ute Fan
      @redheadedute

Surprising my bf with a trip to the Coliseum on Oct 9th. Any suggestions/tips on which seats to look at buying there?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If you can buy them through the university, you’ll be able to sit in the Utah section but it costs more money. If money is not an issue, I’d go that route. If you’re trying to get cheaper tickets, just get on ticketmaster and buy the ones closest to the 50 yard line you can, but don’t buy tickets in the corners. Even sitting behind the end zones would be better. I go to the Coliseum every year the Utes come here and I buy through ticketmaster. There are always Ute fans around and the USC fans are never any trouble, in fact some of them are great. Have fun!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah USC game