Utah WBALL continues as a 2-seed in Creme’s latest

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

The second top-16 rankings from the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee wiil be released Thursday.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

This “bracketology” is pure partisan BS. In women’s basketball, the PAC-12 is the best conference in the country, top to bottom. However, this “expert” has nine ACC teams going to the tournament, and the PAC-12 is projected to have only seven. In a PAC-12/ACC matchup of top to bottom teams, the PAC-12 would be 12-0. Even the 0-16 ASU team would beat their ACC opponent.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee released the 1st top-16 rankings on Feb 9 – 2 Pac-12, 4 ACC teams.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Massey’s algorithm conference ranks – #1 Pac-12, #2 ACC.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

We’ll find out if the PAC or ACC is better in a few weeks when the games that really count are played.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

All the games really count.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
              Ute Fan
              @alaskasteveutealum

The partisan bias is that the projections are made by ESPN, and the person making them works for ESPN. ESPN/ABC televises all of the ACC Women’s basketball games, and very few PAC-12 games. These predictions are not objective, and are intended to favor ESPN. It is also the reason that some Division I games not being televised by ESPN/ABC are not even listed on the ESPN mobile app—even when the user has listed one of the teams in such a game as one of their favorites on the ESPN app!

1 1

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I like your theory 

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

My friend told me that your anti-ESPN post sounds like me talking about the government or the corporate state. We all pick our battles.

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

For me, ESPN is everything I need to follow standard college sports all in one place. I am aware of the bias you mention. It just doesn’t pervade my thoughts while visiting the site.

dystopiamembrane
                    Ute Fan
                    @dystopiamembrane

Bracketology gives one a fun thing to ponder twice a week and I look forward to it.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
                    Ute Fan
                    @alaskasteveutealum

ESPN is an example of what happens when a media dominates college sports. It is a business, and tries to shape viewpoints to their own, even when their viewpoint defies reality. They provide more exposure, but at a cost—favoring certain schools and ignoring many others, or imposing an additional cost to see others (aka ESPN+ rather than ESPN3).

Chilly
        Ute Fan
        @chilly

I’m a hardcore Ute fan and follow all college WBB closely. I actually don’t think Creme is biased in his picks, he’s just trying to get the selection committee’s picks predicted right. For most of the year he’s had 8 teams each from the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12. He dropped Oregon from his predictions since they are now 14-13 and have lost 7 straight. I have a hard time arguing that they’re getting screwed based on bias. Same thing for Nebraska who got dropped from the Big Ten after some ugly losses.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

These are my thoughts as well.  Thank you.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

Every PAC-12 Women’s team has an overwhelming winning non-conference record. The PAC-12 team with the worst non-conference record is ASU at 7-2. No other Division I Women’s conference has such a record outside their conference. It is pure BS and bias for the PAC-12 to not have the most NCAAA bids. Selecting teams on recent performance, instead of overall performance, is bias often used to justify the selection of a team preferred by the selector(s).

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
          Ute Fan
          @alaskasteveutealum

By the way, Oregon’s non-conference record is 9-2.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) Utah WBALL continues as a 2-seed in Creme’s latest