Visual editor enabled on forum pages

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve been looking at some of the posts with lots of white space in them to try and figure out a cause and solution. Users have been hitting enter a few times to make a new paragraph.  It appears that the culprit is the text editor in the pages under the forum menu (in other words NOT the home page).  On the home page (visual editor, not text only editor) paragraphs are making proper spacing.  On the editor in the forum pages, which is text only, not visual, the lines are not formatting as paragraphs, just breaks.

Not sure if any of that made any sense at all.  Anyway, I enabled the rich visual editor for the forum pages.  It’s the same editor as the home page, but with a couple of slightly different controls.  Don’t ask me why, because it is complicated.  I want the home and forum pages to match but I’d have to basically perform brain surgery for that to happen.

So now the forum pages have a visual editor, which does format paragraphs better.  Hope that solves the issue.  The possible drawback, or maybe a benefit, is the way the forum page link button works.  You can type in keywords and it will search other posts in the site to link to. Or you can paste a URL in there.  I just don’t like the way it works because it is a bit confusing.  Anyway, fixing one thing may cause some other thing to be a problem.  That’s the way it goes I guess.  So let’s try this for a while and see what happens.

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

Just as long as you understand I did a double new line ironically in my last post.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub Visual editor enabled on forum pages