Viewing 8 reply threads
      2 1

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

“Similar to previous governors, during his time as Governor of Indiana, Mike Pence maintained a state email account and a personal email account. As Governor, Mr. Pence fully complied with Indiana law regarding email use and retention. Government emails involving his state and personal accounts are being archived by the state consistent with Indiana law, and are being managed according to Indiana’s Access to Public Records Act.”

What’s the problem? Further, it’s not as if he had classified emails on there.

5 3

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Yea, I doubt that Mike Pence, as governor of Indiana handled highly classified material. Yet another attempt to muddy the waters.

1 1

96GradAlum
        @96gradalum

@UtahUte72 here are a couple exerpts …

Pence communicated with advisers about issues including homeland security 

or this one …

Some of Pence’s emails were deemed too sensitive to release as part of the Star’s public records request

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Confidential =/= highly sensitive.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

The most disappointing thing I took from this article was that Mr. Pence was still using an AOL email account in 2013.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

LOL, using AOL even in 2009

Hey Mike, FYI nobody is following you on My Space anymore

Next Pence will need to retire his Members only jacket and Blackberry

4 2

96GradAlum
      @96gradalum

I was very skeptical of HRC and her email issues – I felt it pointed to her guilt … although it was circumstancial.  I look back on that now and think it really seems meaningless and just the GOP grasping for anything they could find to cast doubt.  This thing w/ Pence may very well be meaningless as well.  But let’s not pretend there isn’t a massive double-standard here.  The GOP (and Chaffetz in particular) went after her like a shark smelling blood but when it’s a Republican … well it’s no big deal.

So the equation then is this: GOP = Hypocrit

3 1

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

They are not the same.

Pence was allowed a second account by State law, maintenance of a separate account was at least against policy, if not law.

Pence was not handling classified material on his (assumption), Clinton had both marked and unmarked classified material.

Pence turned his outside e-mail accounts over to an independent source to parse the e-mails into those related to government e-mails and those that were personal, Clinton deleted a significant amount of e-mail traffic.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Also, how could Chaffetz investigate this issue? It’s not his jurisdiction.

5 2

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Taken alone, this is not terribly notable, and sure there are differences between this and the HRC email pseudo-scandal.

However, in light of all the faux outrage over Hillary’s emails, the chants to lock her up, and the endless and obscenely expensive fact-finding missions, this makes him and his ilk look petty and silly at best – and f**king hypocritical at worst.

The double standards are piling up.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

Precisely. 

1 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

How, when it was legally and clearly allowed by the laws of the jurisdiction that governed his actions?

1 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

For all the idiots chastising Pence here, just need to remind you that the Russians hacked Podesta’s e-mail because he bit on a phish e-mail and his password was “password”. Rocket scientist right there. And he ran Hillary dumbs**t Clinton’s campaign and they still are wondering why they lost? LMFAO! F**king embarrassing.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Fyi, Colin Powell had a personal email server too.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Walk The Talk