Well, I finally did it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

A boy grew into a man today and I bought my first grill. A Traeger smoker, to be precise. Anyone with any tips for a guy converting from gas to pellets?

eyesonU
      Ute Fan
      @eyesonu

I am officially jealous. I’ve been looking at them for a while now. A couple of friends have them and everything they do has been really good. 

I don’t have any advice to offer other than just remember low and slow and I think you’ll be fine. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Amazon has the 22″ Lil tex elite for $630. That’s about all the capacity my family needs.

Utesuit
        Ute Fan
        @utesuit

I’ve had a traeger pro 22 for a few years now. Best investment ever. View it as a wood fire grill/smoker and you’ll never go wrong. We make hamburgers, chicken, steaks to pulled pork and brisket. Family favorite is papa Murphy’s pizzas! Good luck

Utesuit
      Ute Fan
      @utesuit

From the website they offer Traeger shop classes too. $100 bucks a person. Expensive but worth every penny, they give you a bunch of swag, and lots of food. Would recommend to anybody that owns one

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Make sure you read the instructions and follow them when you light it up. Line the tray with heavy duty tin foil and change regularly. Sportsman’s has another pellet brand that is the exact same thing and cost usually about five bucks less a bag. 

Buy quality meat. Try burgers on it don’t even flip them and they will be the best burgers you will have ever ate. Try a brisket next do a rub to your preference just leave it on smoke for six hours. 

I highly recommend Traeggers recipe for pork belly. Pulled pork is good. Get the hang of it before you move onto more expensive meat like Prime rib or turkeys. Beer can chicken is awesome on it. Costco two for 10 bucks. Go to the Sugarhouse Costco for the best meat. 

Finally I love Harmon’s meat department and their brats are my favorite. Try them on it keep the lid closed. They always come out perfectly smoked and moist. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Holy cow. I just made some burgers for a pre-turkey day appetizer in my brand spankin’ new traeger. Best burgers I have ever made, period. So juicy and full of flavor. I’m never going back.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Well, I finally did it.