What I loved about this game

Viewing 3 reply threads

stats guy
      Ute Fan
      @statsguy

This was a great win for our boys. Here are a few of my observations

– Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat…Utes were leading for a grand total of 145 seconds in this game. They have done it a bit more lately, but they rarely win games in this fashion. This one felt like a loss for much of the game, only to come out on top.

– Passing over the middle…I love, love, LOVE that this is now a weapon for us again (I say again, but I can’t remember the last time the Utes were good at this).

– 4 for 4 on 4th down conversions, are you kidding me? Whit has never been this aggressive. And to think, most of these came in the second half where USC had largely shut down the run. This was awesome.

– It drove me crazy how often Stevie and Porter Gustin were in on a stop.

USC had no business losing this game, it seemed like every time they snapped the ball it was at least a 10 yard gain. This was a terrific win for the good guys.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

That last drive has to be a confidence builder for the offense (and the coaches). That should be something we can build on for the future.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That last drive was just a thing of beauty.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

We did not give up any sacks either. I was surprised by that. And, we only got one sack (Dimick). I thought we would get at least two or three. Darnold was practically impossible to sack. Many close calls that he fought out of.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What I loved about this game