What is our ceiling this year?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Do yo think we could still finish top ten if we beat CU and land in a decent bowl and beat a good P5 team?

I tend to think we’d still only be around 13 or 14. My real fear is that we’ll get stuck in the Veg again. I’ve heard that the PAC schools can’t go to the same bowl 3 years in a row. I’ve never heard of that rule anywhere else but Ute message boards though. Frankly I don’t think there really is such a rule.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

To answer your question, yes.

To answer your implied question, I did a ton of research and found that there is no such rule. Hell, we could be selected to the same bowl game 10 or more times in a row if that’s how it works out.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We may have already reached it.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

If we lose to CU we will be out of the top 25. Even if we win our bowl, there is a very high likelyhood we don’t make it back.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think the fan base will Mail it in just as the coaching staff and team did against Oregon. They will talk a good game and try to present a good front, but the sting of that loss to Oregon will NEVER go away. They will lose to CU and get placed in something like the New Mexico Bowl. Few will go to a bowl game like that as it serves as a painful reminder of what could have been. The will not want to be there, and the result will be another WTF loss to some hungry MWC team. Frankly, another matchup with TDS would be great. Then the team could
      get motivated over another opportunity to beat the zoobs.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Ohio State lost to Penn.   If we beat CU we should be in the top 10, however, I suspect we will finish number 12 if that happens.  However, beating CU is a big if.  Our D has to play much better in the secondary.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

No way we make the top ten.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What is our ceiling this year?