Women’s gymnastics

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You had opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics and a Jazz home game with their special Uni’s. Yet they managed to break an attendance record with 15,702.  Oh yeah taking down the Scum Devils isn’t bad either. 

eyesonU
      Ute Fan
      @eyesonu

I watched the final rotation on P12 and the commentators were very complimentary about the fan base.  Saying it was the envy of the conference/nation.

Not to take anything away from the Red Rocks, but how do we replicate that enthusiasm for Mens basketball?  Is it winning consistantly that will put butts back in the seats?  The price of games?  Even the students don’t seem to be as interested as I’ve seen them in the past. I have memories of a full house back in the Majerus days and we all know how intimidating of a place it used to be.  The program has gone through a lot since then no doubt, but how do we get people interested again?

On another note, Mykayla Skinner is amazing.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Attendance in all of these traditional draw sports is dropping everywhere. 

I will have to admit my interest in NCAA basketball has been terrible. It has been obvious for so long it was rampant with NCAA violations. Also the one and done part of it sucks.  When it isn’t even close to fair why should I go to the trouble of watching my team lose a close game to a ringer team?  

Red Don
          Ute Fan
          @reddon

Attendance in all of these traditional draw sports is dropping everywhere. 

I will have to admit my interest in NCAA basketball has been terrible. It has been obvious for so long it was rampant with NCAA violations. Also the one and done part of it sucks.  When it isn’t even close to fair why should I go to the trouble of watching my team lose a close game to a ringer team?  

I agree, most of my life It was college BB first, then football.  Over the past 10 years or so it’s now changed to FB first by a long shot.  The one and done part of it is what has turned it off for me.   And I hate the NBA so once they leave college they are gone to me.  

Filling out my MM bracket has for the most part become a guessing game because I just don’t follow other teams and conferences beyond the Utes and PAC-12.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Women’s gymnastics