Your thoughts on the Utah Legislature Auditing Utah Athletics

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Legislature will audit University of Utah athletics in wake of BYU rivalry suspension

What are your thoughts on this probe of the U by the Utah Legislature?

Does it sound like sour grapes from butt hurt zoob legislators to you? Should they be worrying about bigger things?

3 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d like to see an audit of the Mormon Church.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I’d like to see an audit of the Mormon Church.

Everybody would love to see that. It won’t happen in anybody’s lifetime.

I hope the audit discovers that Utah should keep more of the money “in-house” in the state education system, and play USU more often, and never play the byu of Provo again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Utah legislature should always concern itself with matters of greater importance. Unfortunately every year they never do.

This isn’t very uncommon nor is it controversial. It also has nothing to do with LDS Church leadership. I guess if you want to argue that some political leaders are priesthood holders so that makes them de facto church leadership. It is more likely the amount of BYU graduates in the Utah legislature rather than church leaders. I also know of several high ranking Utah alums(non LDS and LDS) that are not happy with the cancellation.

Many Utah fans do not see the separation  yet from BYU.  The gap will continue to widen as Holmoe drives BYU into the ground and Utah continues to climb in the PAC.

Daedalus17
        Ute Fan
        @daedalus17

This is uncommon. It is the he FIRST EVER special audit of a single institution.

All institutions have a regular audit which is fine. This is not one. This is a special audit to punish Utah specifically for cancelling the BYU game.

Anonymous
          Inactive

“Special” audits happen all the time to College institutions. The only thing that is unique is that it is in the wake of the cancellation of a contract with a Private religious institution.

Daedalus17
            Ute Fan
            @daedalus17

But this is the FIRST EVER to audit only one state institution without doing the same audit for all of them.

Anonymous
              Inactive

I don’t care to look but maybe it is the first ever in Utah but I don’t think it is the first ever in the USA. I imagine back in the 60’s plenty of institutions were audited on an individual basis for various political reasons.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I just worry that this will have unforeseen negative consequences for the U. Some people have even speculated that this could cost Larry K or even Chris Hill their jobs.

I don’t think it comes to that, but I have a feeling this doesn’t end in our favor.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Larry K is probably one of the most sought after coaches in the nation right now.  The only problem I have with Hill is that he signed another Football deal with BYU under the pressure of Boosters.

Again the truth is somewhere in the middle and Pershing seemed to support his AD and the Coach that has rebuilt Utah basketball. Utah fans needs to take a deep breath if anything this hurts BYU.

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

Greg Hughes can choke on a bag of dicks.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

saw this on Utefans.net, but thought I’d share it here since its pretty awesome.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That’s pretty funny how the capitol and temple square are the same building.

TK

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Your thoughts on the Utah Legislature Auditing Utah Athletics