You're welcome!

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

103″ projection screen installed in the office. I don’t see our how our Utes can lose with me watching on a such a fine setup. So…WE WILL WIN and YOU’RE WELCOME!

GO UTES!

FORK THE FORKIN’ FORKS!

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

Maybe I should watch on my similarly large HD projector setup in the basement.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

If you can, you should!

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

How many lumens? I’m looking into getting a projector that goes to about 110″ but haven’t convinced the wife… yet.

I don’t plan on using a projector except at night or in the basement? Do I really need 2000 lumens?

Crap http://www.lightinthebox.com has some killer deals on projectors for the next 5 1/2 hours.

You ARE welcome!!!!

Daedalus
          Ute Fan
          @daedalus

Toward the end of 2013 I bought a BENQ W1070 which apparently has 2000 lumens, and “only” cost me $899.  No doubt it’s obsolete now so I’d do some research. 

It’s in the basement and works great at night, and is adequate in lighter conditions.  I’d say *maybe* it could be a little bit more bright than necessary but you won’t regret it.  Throwing over 100″ diagonal of light needs some serious brightness.  The best part is that it was an HD upgrade from the previous, cheaper projector, and I never regretted it.  It’s the life of the party.

Daedalus
            Ute Fan
            @daedalus

That’s floor-to-ceiling, son. It can go even bigger without any problems, I just need to repaint the screen.

UTE98
              Ute Fan
              @ute98

Um, not to get you too excited, but the link I provided had about the same for $89. Yep 1/10th what you paid, but hey you didn’t have to wait for it.

Did you buy the screen paint? That now costs more than the projector. Crazy.

A guy in my neighborhood plays the Ghostbusters movie every Halloween on bed sheets he’s sewn together with one of his three projectors. He also decorates his Ford Explorer like the Ecto-1 each year. This year he played all THREE Ghostbuster movies on Halloween, no idea how early he had to start.

Daedalus
                Ute Fan
                @daedalus

Quiet, you.   Such is the cost of chasing technology and I have no regrets .  I was looking at the time for a new HD projector or spending half the money on a new bulb SD presenting a bad screendoor effect.   I’m happy .   Tell your wife you scored a good deal and it’s not going to get much better .  Screw 3D and 4K , you won’t use it for a while . 

Daedalus
                  Ute Fan
                  @daedalus

I forgot to mention that the screen paint is Behr ‘silverscreen’ from Home Depot and does a great job for DIY. The paint guys were baffled when we walked in with the formula years ago, and they later congratulated us for being ahead of our time because *everybody*requested the color for the same thing.

UTE98
                    Ute Fan
                    @ute98

Thanks, that’s way cheaper than the “screen” paint they are selling to do the same thing.

I may be able to pull off a projector yet. That and a 2 TB external HD to store all the UTE games.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Dayum, Gina!

That’s sexy.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If I get 1 foot from my 42″ it will seem like it’s 150 inches.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

What’s up, Dirk?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football You're welcome!