Stadium Announcer Rant

Viewing 3 reply threads

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

It’s embarrassing when the stadium announcer credits Kylie Fitts each time Raelon Singleton makes a play. Kylie wears #11 on defense and Raelon wears #11 on offense. We’re the HOME team! It’s the 5th home game of the season! If you don’t know the players names and what position they play, get another job! I was embarrassed for our team and fans.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As was I. But honestly, most of our fans are idiots and didn’t even notice. I’m embarrassed by our fans every game, it’s gotten to the point where I stand on the top row as far away from anyone as I can get to minimize the stupid things I hear. I’ll always love the Utes, and I’ll always hate our fans.

YodaUte
        Ute Fan
        @yodaute

Okay, Moose. It’s a slow day on the board. I’ll bite.

How does an error by the announcer translate to the fans being stupid? How do you know they didn’t even notice the error? If they did notice the error, what did you expect them to do about it? What stupid things do they do to make you want to walk away from them? Do they pick their noses? Drool all over themselves? Use the wrong formula to solve quadratic equations?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He also said Butler-Byrd was returning a kick but it was Covey. Probably because he couldn’t tell the difference between 16 and 18 from the press box.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Is the guy really just reading numbers off a page? Like he is the stadium announcer, we just played game 7, and he has trouble distinguishing between Covey and CBB?

Anonymous
          Inactive

Who is the stadium announcer? Is it Mike Runge? Whoever it is, he should be fired. There are plenty of people who are actually fans of the team and follow the team close enough to know the difference between Raelon Singleton and Kylie Fitts who could do that job.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah it’s Runge.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stadium Announcer Rant