2 Oregon State players named Pac-12 Players of Week

Viewing 3 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Jake Luten, OSU QB aforementioned as an emerging Heisman Candidate ;), wins ohfensive PoW.

Daniel Rodriguez, highly experienced OSU punter wins special teams PoW.  Note OSU used an onsides drop kick kickoff after their 2nd TD as a trick that worked.

https://pac-12.com/article/2019/10/04/pac-12-football-players-week-week-6

Formula for winning Pac-12 Ohfensive Player of the week: Play UCLA

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hope that goes to their heads. 

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

So what was the onsides drop-kickoff? It looked like he kicked from the 50 yard line; did UCLA receive a personal foul on the scoring play? Did he just boot it high into the air? Would it be kick catch interference if you blocked the guy who was lined up to field the kick?

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

Yes UCLA got a personal foul.  He drop kicked from the 50 and it hit the ground at about the 27, bounced in the air and then recovered by OSU.  If UCLA had tried to catch it they would have got the ball right around the 25 low risk/high reward kind of play.  I actually thought it was pretty smart and wondered why I didn’t see this more often.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It could happen to Utah of course not saying it couldn’t happen. But fUCLA has quit they suck and it isn’t suprising that it happened to them. 

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

I’m glad they used such on UCLA and also scored a lot — gives the defense a lot of film to 1) give Oregon State more respect and keep them from overlooking the Beavs, 2) learn a few of their tricks from a more opened playbook.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

After the SC debacle I don’t think this team is reading it’s press anymore. Or at least it feels like there has been a massive change in attitude.  The defense against Wazzu was exactly what I expected for this season. 

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

I’m not reading the press anymore. I realized reading all the predictions on bowl games, and the rest of the season is just stupid, and asking for emotional letdowns.

salty-ute
          Ute Fan
          @salty-ute

Given the odds of recovering an onside kick, if I were a coach I would kick onside whenever getting a 15 yard penalty on a score. Basically at that point, you’re conceding field position by ~15 (25 to 40Y.L.) yards for a 20% chance to get the ball again.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Especially when playing the Cowboys…

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

They wont have any POTWs this week.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2 Oregon State players named Pac-12 Players of Week