2009 Alabama = 2019 Utah

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 8

LongDuckDong
      Ute Fan
      @utahdawg

Remember when Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and every Ute fan thought the Utes had arrived, had beaten a legitimate national power in a major bowl game and that the Alabama had tried their best but fallen way short? But, in fact, Alabama simply didn’t want to be there. They’d had their sites on the BCS game the entire year and when that didn’t happen, they mailed it in.

Fast forward to 2019. How does it feel?

Utah didn’t want to be there. They mailed it in. They felt entitled to the Rose Bowel the entire year. This was their year and nothing was going to stop them. Last night, they were hoping simply by showing up they could win. Texas wanted to be there. They wanted to kick off their 2020 campaign with a bowl win over a highly ranked Pac-12 team and they kicked the Utes ass – similar to when Utah kicked Alabama’s ass.

Also, I’m sure the Big12 will thank you for giving them their only win of the bowel season.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Can’t really argue with this logic.

As I always say, “If the truth hurts change it.” It appears this assessment is spot on. So the program has to take that next step.

As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day, football programs rise and fall. Army, Navy, Cal all used to have national powerhouses. Florida State used to be a national power as did Miami and Nebraska. You can’t convince me any of these programs are in a better place than Utah right now.

Patience is hard to have when the team absolutely dominates all but two Pac12 teams. But to reach that next level the program has to improve 5=10%. We’re getting closer, but not there yet.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The recruiting class is as good as I remember. The offensive game has their arrow point up the best in years. But our rebuild will start with the floor much higher than ever before. I think we will contend.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2009 Alabama = 2019 Utah