2009 Sugar Bowl

Viewing 2 reply threads

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

This year reminds me of the 2009 Sugar Bowl. Alabama was butt hurt about not going to the national championship game. All the national prognosticators we’re saying Utah would get crushed by Alabama. Utes kill 31-17 and this should have been our first (maybe second – eff you BCS) of many national championships.

Go Utes

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

By the sounds of the OSU fans and media this already seems to be panning out as 2008

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

I have an old college friend (from Ohio and a big OSU fan) who sounds very pessimistic and will not go.  

Sounds good to me!  🙂

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Many of my colleagues work in Ohio and are big Ohio State fans. I’ve been talking with them, and can confirm that the realistic ones believe Utah will be competitive and aren’t buying into the media comments about Utah not being worthy competition. 

Of course, there are also the arrogant ones that believe any non-playoff game is worthless and that Ohio State will easily blow out Utah.

I truly think Utah will be able to compete. The only thing that worries me is Utah hasn’t faced an elite passing team like Ohio State for a long time and our CB situation is not great right now. 

Utebeam
            Ute Fan
            @utebeam

Arrogant ones being BYU fans….. They do have a corner on that market.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

This team will rely heavily on Covey’s experience playing in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2009 Sugar Bowl