2022 college football recruiting class rankings

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

46. Utah Utes

ESPN 300 commits: 1 | Previous ranking: unranked 

Pac-12 rank: 5 of 12
      Top offensive commit: QB Nathan Johnson (No. 96)
      Top defensive commit: LB Lander Barton (four stars)

Winners of their last six games, including the Pac-12 championship, the Utes are working to carry their on-field momentum onto the recruiting trail down the stretch. Four-star safety Elijah Davis, a lean but physical playmaker, and high three-star ATH Jocelyn Malaska were strong December pickups. Johnson is a dual-threat QB who can be dangerous on the run but also brings natural arm strength and a quick release. In-state LB Barton is tough and fluid and can be a well-rounded player at the position.

espn.com article

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

I usually go to 24/7 for recruiting – it’s all subjective, but they seem to be more accurate. Additionally, I look at overall average since recruiting ranks are also based on volume. Some years, where we don’t have as much schollies, we’ll be ranked lower due to volume/numbers (quality over quantity)…although I will say, the more bites at the apple the better. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Because we’ll only have 15ish signees this year you’ll have to look at the average star rating. Right now it’s almost equal to what we brought in last year which was the highest rated class ever. Had we had room for another 5-7 players in this class it would once again be a top 30 ranked class.

This class is solid with an decent chance of having the highest average player ranking ever with a bump here or there.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Thanks Onlyu. Just one question. Whitt has commented about how the transfer portal is going to be even crazier this off season than ever before. Is the class 15ish in size to leave even more room open for transfers? Any idea how many we are expecting and any big targets? Noah Sewell, Gabe Reid etc? Thanks!

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

We’ll lose double digits (3rd/4th string guys) and have room open up with some early entries…we’ll use the portal to compensate for that. I’d expect a big handful of transfers in to address immediate needs for another run at a Pac12 championship!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2022 college football recruiting class rankings