2024 Potential Non-Conference Opponents

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

With our 2024 non-conference games against BYU(9/7) & Baylor(9/14) becoming conference games, leaving us with SUU(8/31) as our only scheduled non-conference game, here is a look at FBS teams with 2024 openings that match our new openings. I’m assuming BYU will be moved to November and Baylor will be pushed back anywhere from 1 to 10 weeks.

These teams could take advantage of the Hawaii exception and play an additional game during Week Zero.
      8/24
      Boise State
      Nevada
      UNLV
      UCLA

9/7
      San Jose State
      Hawaii
      New Mexico
      Jacksonville State
      Florida Atlantic
      Rice
      SMU
      Boston College
      Oklahoma

9/14
      Army
      Utah State
      Air Force
      Rice
      NC State
      NorthWestern
      Rutgers
      Washington
      Mississippi State

Teams with openings that don’t match ours but still needing a non-conference game.
      TBD
      UConn
      FIU
      UTSA
      Duke
      Auburn

EmersonUte
      Ute Fan
      @blpace

I hope that we pick up a non-con with UCLA and/or San Diego State if possible. Keep that so-cal presence going. I really like the idea of picking up another non-con in Florida over time as well. We’ll have plenty of conference games in Texas. Just think we need to keep physical presence in CA, TX, FL for recruiting.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I would prefer SDSU. UCLA and USC are two teams I hope we don’t schedule ever again.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Yeah, don’t do em any favors.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I should add, depending on what happens with Oregon State, Washington State, Stanford, and Cal, there could be potential for non-conference games in 2024 with one or two of those schools.

Cal plays SDSU, Oregon State plays Boise State, and Washington State plays San Jose state. If those schools move the MWC, and/or Stanford goes independent, they would all need to find at least one non-conference game for 2024.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

No B1G teams. Does the Utes no good.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

UNM. Battle for the 4 corners. Haha. More because they suck. Easy win. And I grew up in ABQ

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2024 Potential Non-Conference Opponents