4th Quarter TDs

Viewing 4 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

It’s driving me crazy. We’ve got to figure out how to score offensive TDs in the fourth quarter. We had so many close finishes last year and it’s looking like 2016 may be the same way. If only our offense could figure out how to close out a game and get the ball in the endzone late, it would do wonders for my heart.

Last week, a TD on that 11-minute drive would have been devastating to BYU and would have made things so much easier for us all. We got one 4th quarter TD against Southern Utah–but that was the first time we did it since the Washington game last year. That’s right: we didn’t have a 4th quarter TD in any of our final four games last year (against Arizona, UCLA, Colorado and BYU). Ugh. We lost two of those games–though we probably would have won all four if we could have earned seven more in the end.

And even the games we did win didn’t have to be so close. We had no offensive TDs in the fourth quarter against Michigan (7-pt win), Utah State (10-pt win) or California (6-pt win). Instead, we had to rely solely on our defense to get it done.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

It’s effort. Joe Williams not diving for the first down. That was killer. We need a better inside run game before we can start finishing drives. When you get into the redzone, it’s man vs man, line up and hit somebody football.

I hope we see some improvement with Moss and Shyne back there.

Anonymous
        Inactive

If you are not all in you are in the way.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

I’m all in.

Why? Did someone say I’m not all in? Because I’m all in.

They’re the one who’s in the way. Not me.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Family on three!

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

it goes beyond the 4th q. This team has a getting into the endzone problem that I think will be going away but was a major issue last season. Cant win with 3 in this league.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Utah was near the top in the nation in Redzone efficiency last season with Booker. Not so much when he was hurt.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Right, we got in the end zone 4 out of the 5 times we got in the red zone for the season LOL. I kid I kid.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I heard a snippet of an interview with Quintin Ganther today. On Joe Williams he said “I knew when I saw him in Spring that he was not going to make it. He ran too upright, leaving himself and the ball exposed.”

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

That’s too bad for Williams. I thought he would blossom as Moss took over. We would be able to put him in positions to succeed. Oh well. Football is a violent, dangerous sport. If your head/heart isn’t in it, you can only get hurt.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 4th Quarter TDs