About the technical foul for fans throwing stuff…

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Some people are douches and throw stuff. A couple were last night, one in the student section who threw one of those foam sticks at Emery when he was ejected. When you get 15,000 people in a room, some will be douches.

Now, the announcer says if anyone throws anything from that point on the home team will be assessed a technical foul. Uh, do they not realize there was a contingent of byu fans in the audience? So who’s to say the crap that got thrown and caused the technical wasn’t thrown by a zoob? In a tie game that could have meant the ballgame.

I’m not saying I have a better solution, but a douche byu fan probably lit right up knowing he could throw s**t and the Utes would be penalized.

Just my take.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Certainly not out of the realms of possibilities but unless you know for sure, it doesn’t really matter. What I find interesting is that some idiot zoobs are saying things like “classless” about the garbage being thrown on the court. I mean seriously? I seem to remember a certain fan base throwing garbage at the refs in a game played at LES. But it’s always justified in the eye’s of those loser hypocrites. Every bad act done by a TDS player is always justified. If the situation was reversed, I would be on here as I hope a lot of other Ute fans saying what a ‘punk’ Taylor is and that he should be kicked off the team. I wouldn’t be on here making excuses or saying that Emery deserved it because he was talking trash and scratched Taylor at some point in the game which I have no evidence to back it up. I even read that Taylor was faking it? Their fanbase is disgusting.

This is why I’m all for Utah never playing those douchebags ever in any sport. The two teams no longer share a conference and Utah has nothing to gain by beating them. The news today wasn’t about Utah beating TDS, is was about the ‘punch’ so even in defeat, TDS wins the media. Nobody cares if Utah beats unranked, Weak Coast Conference TDS. If it were Gonzaga, different story by a real basketball powerhouse, not a wannabe who makes Sweet 16’s every 30 years. The rivalry is over, time to move on.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

^^^!

BountifulUte
      Ute Fan
      @bountifulute

A quick comment about the technical that was thrown at the game for this – not sure how many people noticed this – whatever it was that was thrown on the court, it happened right after Emery sucker punched Brandon.  As the players were walking back from that end of the court, Tucker reached down and picked up what looked like a piece of paper off the court and just chucked it behind the bench.  No big deal, no harm done.  Immediately afterwards, one of the assistant BYU coaches came running over to the ref, all worked up, pointing out to the ref that something else had been thrown onto the court.  The ref looked at him kind of smirky as if he was thinking, “calm down man”.  Naturally at that moment there was a lot of emotion at the moment but still.  Get a life dude.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I saw Chapman pick up something at half court at that same time.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) About the technical foul for fans throwing stuff…