According to ESPN’s FPI – our toughest remaining game is ASU

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

They only give us a 65% chance of winning that game.  Oregon is 72% and CU is 70%.  Bytheway, BYU is 90%.

Go Utes!!!

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

And those numbers haven’t been updated yet for yesterday’s results… 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

They have been. ASU remained the same. UCLA went down to 75 Oregon increased 72.

gothamute
          Ute Fan
          @gothamute

Oops. My browser was pulling cached version. Go Utes!

gothamute
            Ute Fan
            @gothamute

Updated FPI is interesting… it now expects us to win the South (giving us twice the % likelihood of winning the conference as USC, the only other South team they give any chance to) DESPITE assuming we drop one of our regular season games (AND it gives us only a 1 in 3 chance of winning the championship game, compared with 2 in 3 chance for North team which they currently strongly expect to be Washington). It expects both USC and Colo to lose again (USC to either ASU or UCLA – !!!! – and Colo to Wazzu). Although we are favored in each of our head to heads, it expects us to drop one of our two road games (ASU or Colo), which is reflected in each of ASU/Colo’s partial game win projections. Not an unreasonable projection given our historical performance in recent years, but, based on how this team has come together – absent injuries or gift-wrapped TDs like the 3 we provided to SC – it feels different this year and I really don’t think we’ll be threatened in any of our remaining games. Hopefully there’s no WTF game left on the schedule, in which case I’ll see you in Santa Clara!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football According to ESPN’s FPI – our toughest remaining game is ASU