Avg score against ucla

Viewing 1 reply thread

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

Based on average production of both teams thus far into the season you would expect ucla to  30.5 and utes to score 33.   We, on average, score 7.5 more than teams usually allow.  UCLA score 8.8 more than teams usually allow.  Our defense usually allows 8.4 less than teams usually score.  UCLA defense usually holds to 4.2 less than teams usually score.   This formula is usually how points spreads are created as data accumulates through the season and tends to be pretty accurate of the end result spread.  It also gives the over-under line at 63.5.  Vegas put it at 65.  

They really just have bobo and allen at WR.  The next biggest receiver is charbonet at RB.  I don’t think phillips and broughton will have much trouble keeping two threats covered.  Hopefully this allow for more pressure on DTR bc historically if you can get to him he starts making mistakes early and if they get down he has to throw more from a pocket which he isn’t the most accurate QB.   Charbonet is a big back and can get a lot of yards up the middle.  We seemed better against the run with diabate back but we still gave up a large amount to OSU and had to get some good INTs to stay away from that game getting close.    

I think we match up pretty well to UCLA and should be able to match them if it turns into shoot out.  But I suspect whitt will try to establish TT and the ground game to control the clock and keep their D on the field.  But if they are selling out against the run it will leave kincaid and bernard out of the backfield wide open because they have to commit LBs to stopping TT.  We have enough weapons to make them pay either way.  

Whatever happens its going to be a couple weeks of fun utah football.  

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I am not sure why no one responded to this post @popbirch. Thank you for the insights. Go, Utes.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Avg score against ucla