After giving it some time to sink in…

Viewing 10 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I still don’t have words to explain how I feel right now or how I feel about the Utes losing 17-9 at home. I didn’t watch the game but I kept a close eye on the box score on my phone and I thought my connection was bad. I kept seeing 17-9 over and over again I was thinking, “Utah can’t even score a TD?”

I’ve always been on the fence with A-Rod but now I’m off of it and want him gone. He’s never been very good and I know Whittingham is loyal to his ‘boy’s’ but he has to cut A-Rod loose. A-Rod has no offensive imagination, doesn’t coach-up anybody and is overall not a ‘P5′ OC. This loss is solely on the coaching staff. Utah had 197 (Williams w/121 alone) total rushing yards and couldn’t punch it into the endzone? Are you friggin’ kidding me?!

I’m sure the offensive play calling was as predictable and boring as it’s been since the Oregon game. I may be wrong but isn’t 17 points the lowest score UCLA has had all season? But no worries, it’s still enough to beat Utah at home with their poor high school offense. If I’m A-Rod/Harding, I’m turning my resignation into Whittingham first thing tomorrow morning. I would be flat-out embarrassed to call myself a D1/P5 OC.

Respect to the defense, once again you kept Utah in the game till the very end, to bad the offense isn’t even close to your level of game. Not even in the same universe.

I’m picking Colorado next week, Utah was up against the ropes and didn’t show anything to make me think Colorado doesn’t have a chance. With USC getting embarrassed at Oregon, there was so much to play for and Utah played like they were 2-8 instead of 8-2.

FIRE THE OC’s!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The last two games have been super disappointing, because in each one we had so much to lose, and did.

The AZ game we were still in the running for the college football playoff. Lost in 2OT.

Yesterday with Oregon beating USC, we had to win to be in the driver’s seat for the Pac-12 south. Nope.

Add to those disappointments the way we lost, with such offensive ineptitude. Makes it tough.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Yes Tony, I put last and this week’s loss squarely on the coaching staff. Kids are out there playing their hearts out, leaving it on the field, especially the defense and they lose playing this small-ball steaming pile. A-Rods gotta go! I don’t care if Chase Hansen wins the QB job next season, with A-Rod calling the plays, he’s doomed to less than mediocrity.

I come to the fact that Whittingham will never recruit a Jared Goff, Luke Falk, or Cody Kessler but since 2008, the offense has been the biggest failure. That’s all on Whittingham and I’m getting sick of it.

Good luck Utes, you’re gonna need it against Colorado.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Well if you are Jared Goff or Cody Kessler, do you go to UCLA/USC or Utah? All things being equal, we don’t have much of a chance on that. Falk, not sure what he was thinking.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

What qb wouldn’t want to play for Leach? All he does is train QBs to throw for 500 yards per game, teach receivers to run precise routes and catch everything thrown their way, and teach his O line to keep all pass rushers out of the backfield. That is a QB dream.

Falk walked on at WSU, and the scholarship player who was ahead of him inexplicably transferred to UNM. Suddenly he is in the limelight, has won 8 games set records all over the place, and rje won’t even get a chance to face the team down the road in SLC who didn’t even know he existed.

My prediction is Utah crushes CU, beats a decent team in the bowl game, and in the offseason we lose ARod, Pease, and perhaps Erickson. Harding sticks around and gets more out of the offense because he convinces Whitt to hire an ACTUAL QB coach who can teach fundamentals, rather than somebody who played WR in college and can’t seem to teach a WR how to improve route running.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t understand the bagging on the coaches. They aren’t the ones who fumbled the ball on the 12 leading to at least a 6 point swing. The coaches are not the ones who chose to keep the ball on first and goal instead of handing it off to Williams. The players have to execute and the margin for error is very thin.

Everyone blamed Wilson’s inconistency last year on Christiansen messing with his head. I did not see Christiansen on the sideline Saturday when Wilson was fortunate to have an INT called back by a penalty, the same INT pass he threw 3x against USC. Yeah let’s open up the offense, throw the ball downfield because the odds are in our favor with that strategy. Right.

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Sorry, but this choke job over the last few weeks is squarely on Whittingham.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

It’s a lot to ask players to play a perfect game. Fumbles happen. Our offense is so inept that if we make one mistake we can’t recover. That is on the coaches. It is, for some reason, how they prefer to call the game. It’s like Whitt has completely forgot how nice it is to have an offense that scores points consistently. The play calling is terrible, offense is bland, and personnel is mis-managed…

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Yeah, I’m done blaming the OCs. This is a systemic problem, and it stems from the top. Whittingham is the obstacle to offensive production.

He’s been at Utah for a long long time. Perhaps it’s time for a change. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s thinking the same thing.

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

It hurts to say it because I love Whitt. This is systemic. He has never recruited a solid QB in his career and lacks a fundamental understanding of offense and the “throw game.” I’m a firm believer a good leader surrounds themselves with people that compensate for weaknesses. Whitt has demonstrated he’s incapable of bringing the right people in to cover his.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

As much as I hate how predictable this offense is (x yard ins/curls on 3rd and x. Every. F*#(Q#*. time. Sit 6 guys on the first down marker is all the opp defense has to do, and has done all year), I feel like we need continuity in the coaching staff more than anything. Its not all on A-rod. He’s dealing with a limited tool box. Would be interesting to see what he could do with a pure passer (manning pls)

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It’s a chicken or the egg syndrome.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After giving it some time to sink in…