An ok write up on SI.com

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/27/utah-utes-beat-oregon-ducks

Lindsay Schnell? Kind of all over in that article but I see her point. A pat on the head to Utah and a big kick in the nuts to Oregon.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Can’t argue with the assessment. It’s a great win, but I think it shows a lot more Oregon that they’ve lost quite a bit with Mariota going to the NFL.

It was great to see Utah shellack the Ducks and it was a great show of Utah offensive prowess, but now we need to follow-up with some strong performances against tougher defenses, and the we’ll get the national sports media talking about us.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

The second point acknowledges completely Utah’s performance. I have no problem with the article. In part three, she circles the Utah-UCLA game as the game to watch. That’s respect. I hope it becomes true.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I didn’t want to be a Debbie downer last night but I don’t think we beat a real top 25 team last night. We beat a good team. A team that would have beaten us most years in the MWC days. But we will play better teams this year. Along those lines I wonder how much of th offensive outpouring was because Oregon’s was just that bad? I want to believe we could move th ball like that against other teams, but I have no other evidence to support it.
      Not trying to be a wet blanket. Last night was super fun, this team deserved a dominant win with all they’ve endured, but I think we’ve got a very long way to go.

UtahUteGuy
        Ute Fan
        @utahuteguy

You’re being wet blankety. Whether or not Oregon is a “top-25” team is now debatable, but it’s likely that they’re still an upper tier, or at least upper half, PAC-12 team. They still have a good shot at winning the North. Hell, they nearly beat a now top-5 MSU team on the road.

We didn’t just beat Oregon, by the way, we annihilated them. We beat them soundly in every aspect of the game in a hostile environment at their house. Do you not see the significance of this win over a perennial national championship contender?

Sure, we still have some good teams left on the schedule to play, and yes, some of them are probably better than Oregon is this year, but that doesn’t diminish our win yesterday. My gut says we have a special thing going this season, and it’s only going to get better. Try and enjoy it. Optimism is fun.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Then they need to seriously downgrade Michigan State. Oregon was one poorly executed pass from beating them on the road with a QB that had a broken finger. Also need to upgrade Michigan.

EUte
          Ute Fan
          @eute

Agree 100%. Michigan State has slogged through their schedule in unimpressive fashion. I think they lose to Michigan in a couple weeks.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I’m optimistic. Just tempered. With what this team showed last night (solid QB play, diverse play calling, solid special teams, great D, and fearlessness) there’s every reason to expect we can win any game we play this year. I just want to keep last night in perspective. We made a good team look bad in their building. We didn’t actually beat the 13th best team in college football.
      I’m super excited and always hope for the best when the Utes play.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They were top 25, but might not be now!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football An ok write up on SI.com