Apple streaming deal/rumor

Viewing 4 reply threads

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Didn’t see this posted yet.

Looks like it’s Apple + and not Prime according to this.
      ESPN Link about potential deal

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

I guess the question of the day is that enough to keep the wandering eyes on the prize? Personally I don’t think it does. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have been following the Disney news for some time. Iger supposedly is trying to offload up to 30% of Disney and Apple was the interested party. Apple could own ESPN.  I see this as being the most likely scenario rather than Apple overpaying for a dead conference. 

9 4

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Welp, as much as I love playing UW, UO, OSU, WSU, Cal and Stanford it’s time to pack up and head to the Big-12. Way worse money and way worse exposure isn’t worth it. We won’t be getting an invite from the B1G anytime soon, so there’s no sense staying on this sinking ship.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

I was joking about that just recently…that ESPN would decline us, we’d sign with Apple, Apple would buy ESPN, and we’re back in business.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Yeah I personally don’t mind the Apple streaming part, but the money per team would have to be close to keep the teams together IMO.

With Colorado’s AD mentioning and driving the partnership with ESPN, I figured that was a clue that the deal was likely streaming heavy, which again I’m fine with.

The biggest part IMO has always been the money and then the who and how 2nd, The station or service never bothered me as I’d be watching when not at the games

1 1

Roy Rangum
          Ute Fan
          @royrangum

Show me the money!

But seriously I agree, if the money is there I’m fine with all streaming. But I’m starting to get worried the money isn’t there.

5 3

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

I’d love nothing more than for the PAC to succeed, but that ship sailed off with USC and UCLA and what we’re left with is slowly sinking. It may not sink today or in the next year, but it WILL sink.

Beyond that, I’d love an invite to the B1G, but they’re dragging their heels about Oregon and Washington, what are our real chances anytime soon there? Besides that they’re distracted with what’s happening in the ACC. We might still get an invite to the B1G someday, but not if we go down with what’s left of the PAC before then.

Is the Big12 ideal? Not really ideal, but they by far make up for it with having a more passionate fan base than the majority of the PAC. That is very attractive to me. The media contract is a known quantity which is more attractive than the PAC will probably end up with. I never really understood East-coast bias until I lived out east but people out here are more aware of Big12 teams than PAC teams. Partly thanks to better game time slots. I know we don’t want it to look like we’re following our little brother to the Big12, but the last thing we should want is for our relevance to sink below them because we were too good for the folks in the Big12. Let’s leave that to Cal and Stanford…

I vote to jump to the Big12 before it’s too late.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Apple streaming deal/rumor