Arizona

Viewing 2 reply threads

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

Getting to Know the details with Arizona Football’s matchup against the Utah Utes

Team: Utah Utes

Conference: Pac-12

2021 Record: 6-3 (5-1)

2020 Record: Finishing with a 3-2 (3-2) record in the abbreviated Covid season, despite beginning the year 0-2, Utah ended the year with three straight wins, including a 45-28 win over Washington State before declining to participate in a bowl game.

Head Coach: Kyle Wittingham is now in year 17 at Utah, and every year, the Utes seem to get even tougher. Compiling a 140-69 (85-55) record, Kyle has turned Utah into a consistent winner, and has the Utes in the drivers’ seat to win the Pac-12 South again!

Key Returners/ Starters:

Offense

This is an offensive group that has found its stride over the past couple of weeks. Averaging 35.4 points per game, the Utes rank 23rd overall in the country, and use a few different weapons to make them a talented group.

In part led by their signal-caller Cameron Rising, this is a kid that has put it all together the last couple of weeks, throwing for 1,458 yards and 12 touchdowns to just two interceptions, while completing 129 of 203 passes (63.5 percent).

He’s also a threat in running the football, rushing for 299 yards and three touchdowns on 41 carries.

Rising also loves to spread the field, as Britain Covey, Brant Kuithe, Dalton Kincaid, and Devaughn Vele have gotten the majority of the production.

However, this is a group that likes to run the football and beat you physically. They have a deep and talented backfield, with Tavion Thomas getting a majority of the work and production, rushing for 742 yards and 14 touchdowns on 122 carries.

Behind him are Micah Bernard and T.J. Pledger as both of them came off big games against Stanford. So far, Bernard has run for 394 yards and two touchdowns on 63 carries, while Pledger has 383 yards and three touchdowns on 44 carries.

Defense

On defense, this is a pretty tough and talented group, and while they are not as strong as in previous years, they are still holding opponents to just 23.2 points per game. However, where they excel the most is in the passing game, limiting teams to just 205.6 yards per game.

Largely led by linebacker Devin Lloyd, the junior has accumulated 81 tackles (45 solo) on the year with 19.0 tackles for loss, 6.0 sacks, three interceptions, and a defensive touchdown.

Outside of them, the Utes have their fair share of playmakers on defense that also include Nephi Sewell (LB/DB), Brandon McKinney (DB/S), and Clark Phillips III (CB).

Lastly, the Utes do a great job in creating and generating pressure in the backfield with Mika Tafua having 10.0 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks, and Van Fillinger who has compiled an impressive 7.0 tackles for loss and 4.0 sacks statline.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Yup.  That sounds about right.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Is this about trying to promote your website?

PAC12Teams
        Ute Fan
        @utahbb

Usually when you are are promoting a website…  They would include a link.

Just for you… 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Which is why I asked. You’ve posted a couple of things that appear to be copy and pastes where usually people will put in links so there is attribution. There is also another poster who has been trying to promote his website lately so it seemed a fair question.

PAC12Teams
            Ute Fan
            @utahbb

If I was trying to prmote my website… I would post a snipit with a link in hopes that you would go there to read from my site.  Here I was saving you that time and let you linger and digest a writers thoughts on the UTES.

BTW on anothr subject:  Pelle only played 13 mins last night – 7 points 1 assist for Arizona

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.