ASU in, USC snubbed; Syracuse in, St. Mary's out.

Viewing 3 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Wow.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

There’s only so many wins the NCAA can vacate. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

But, the games happen now.

LVUte
        Ute Fan
        @texute

Agree with Ironman, they screwed U$C and gave U of Pay Zona a very difficult road, likely due to the upcoming vacated wins.  I’m still kind of shocked ASU made it in, they sucked the end of the season, finished 9th in conference, lost first round of the conference tournament, and lost a bunch of games to teams that didn’t even make the big dance. Absolutely crazy. Yeah they beat two #1s in Kansas and Xavier, but that was early season. If you go NCAA football logic, it should be the hottest teams at the END of the year.

NCAA is rediculous

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I should care but only so many paid teams can make it into the dance I guess. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

2 Pac-12 teams in the “play in’ games, er, uh, first round.

Something is amuck about that, Commish should work with Pac-12 ADs to get better games, maybe some more games like the Big-12 – SEC Challenge.

The committee seems to be signalling its more important to play well in Dec and Jan than in crunch time (see ASU, Oklahoma, etc).

Oh well, at least we aren’t concerned that Utah was snubbed or something.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

I noted on another board that it would do our conference a lot of good to have a ‘challenge’ with another major conference.   Have an early weekend where all of the PAC12 teams play a quality team from Big12, or Big10, (or other major conference) rather than most of us beating up on teams with RPI’s well into the triple digits.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc ASU in, USC snubbed; Syracuse in, St. Mary's out.