Bad Lag Tonight on the Hub

Viewing 1 reply thread

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

Terrible lag tonight on the Hub. Takes like minutes to get into the forum and can’t even get into the chat. My guess would be the chat is slowing thing down.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Na it’s the site getting hammered with thousands of visitors during a road game. Not quite as bad in home games since a lot of people are at the game. Unless we go with some kind of “scaling” option like Amazon Web Services that’s just the way it’s going to be. That scaling option would keep the site working in big traffic times like that, but your wallet has to scale as well! A single night could cost hundreds of dollars or more!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I AM, by the way, working on a new template for the site which I hope will be more efficient and may help slightly. I won’t have it ready probably until 2023 though. 

tarheelute
          Ute Fan
          @tarheelute

I am a PM on a task maintaining a high performance network for Space and Missile Defense M&S. Lots of resources and a big design and ops network ops team. Always wondered about the challenges of a civilian network, blog.

Keep up the good work!

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Yeah man I’d love to have resources like that. 

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

I’m guessing more people than usual also logged in because of Cam not playing. I know I rushed on here to see if OnlyU had some insight. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bad Lag Tonight on the Hub