Bamidele Olaseni

Viewing 7 reply threads

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

Any updates on Bam? I have heard that he is still expected to report this fall, but I hadn’t heard if he’s here in Utah yet. If he solidifies one of the tackle spots, our OL looks a lot better.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Last I heard was he will be here on Wednesday. I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

He’s on the roster, guess that doesn’t mean much

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

My rule on these JC guys is to pretend they won’t be on the roster until they actually get cleared academically and begin practicing with the team. 

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Bill Reilly mentioned on his show last week that he doesn’t think Bam is going to make it to camp.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

PAGING ONLYU

1 7

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

Take out Bam and that tall WR that didn’t qualify and the 2019 class is pretty p**s poor.  Utes only 4 star players appeared to be at risk academically – probably why not many P5 programs had interest. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Jordan Wilmore did just fine academically. And Darren Jones, the WR never signed so he never counted towards the Utes rankings.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

His grades are fine. This is NOT an academic issue. He had to take summer classes and the semester doesn’t even end til sometime around the end of this month or the first week in Aug.

I’m hearing he’ll miss the first week of camp. Problem is once he arrives he has to go through the ncaa mandated acclamation process so it almost like he’ll be two weeks behind.

If he comes to camp in shape I think he plays against BYU. Probably doesn’t start but he’ll get reps.

Then he starts the rest of the season going forward.

To Repeat: NOT any kinda of grade or academic issue just poor timing.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Thank you. I hate when people lie about these student athletes to make it sound as though they are ‘dumb’ or ‘couldn’t hack it at school’.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

The details on summer classes:  Last day of class is July 30.  Finals are Aug 1-2.  Not sure if he has to wait for a grade to post (sometime next week?).

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Thanks for the information I thought it was a bit premature to make any assumptions. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bamidele Olaseni