Bartle interview today …

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Notes from the weekly Bartle interview on ESPN700:

Kash Dillon is a big-time get. 6’4″ and 220 pounds. Had over 80 tackles last year including 17 tackles for loss. He’s exactly the type of kid that fits the mold of the D-ends Utah has developed. When Jay Hill was hired at BYU – they came on strong to get Kash. This is the third recruit from Corner Canyon this season. (It is a very good thing that we have a strong COrner Canyon connection.)

Satuaia a tight end from Bountiful is the next Utah kid we want to pick up. Utah is the favorite, but BYU is recruiting him hard.

Ephrain Asiata is a kid we are recruiting hard. The fact that he is even playing after what he has gone through. They are watching him close to see how he does.

Davis Andrews from American Fork is a great athlete/safety we are recruiting hard. He is a mission kid. Notre Dame seems to have the inside track.

Saleapagam, a tight end out of Orem is a huge recruit. Alabama and others are recruiting him hard. He has Utah in his top-ten.

He thinks that BYU’s recruiting in Texas has improved because they are now in the Big 12. But, they are not yet keeping up with the other schools.

He is interested to see how things fall out in the two deep, especially at receiver. But, he is not hearing anything from inside the locker room.

Lots of talk about the QB position, but nothing new. He is waiting like the rest of us to find out what is going on. The program has not released anything official about Rose. The only thing they know is what they saw on Twitter.

Utah will likely trot a big Johnson package onto the field. (Those were his words and I think they were intentional.)

Riley ended with, “Maybe Bartle will have an update next week on the big Johnson package …”

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I’m really interested to see how the collapse of the Pac-12 and Utah’s (and also byu’s) transition into the Big 12 affects recruiting over the next several years.

I was surprised after Utah joined the Pac-12 at how fast the other schools starting coming after our local kids and just how many in-state kids would head west. Having seen it happen before it will be interesting to see what Big 12 teams start having a more regular presence here in Utah (excluding the four-corner schools). It will also be interesting to see if Oregon, Washington, and the LA schools still maintain a good recruiting base here and if they do maybe we see more B1G interest coming into the state.

Tomasina
        Ute Fan
        @tomasina

That is a very interesting point, and one I will be watching for as well. I am not sure that the other B12 schools have the same draw as Stanford, USC, Oregon, etc.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Baylor is already recruiting many local kids and has a few commitments. They do have a couple of coaches with some local ties.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

I see a lot of Baylor and Nebraska (not big 12) recruiting into Utah these days, which makes the fact that we seem to have really locked down the in state talent the last few years feel even sweeter.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bartle interview today …