Baylor O-line: are they good? I’m thinking Florida’s Oline sucks ass.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

The Waco Trib sites transfers from TDS, the barrington brothers. I assume Grimes is building a good oline there but that position group takes a few years to build.

Baylor Oline young but talented.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

They fall outside the top 60 OL units nationally (per Phil Steele) and rank last in the Big 12, per Athlon Sports.

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

I don’t want to rain on the parade, but keep in mind that the Gators were missing their starting center, and most of their o-line had not played in a game together before.

Yes Utes were playing with second stringers.

I think both utes and Gators lines improve over the season.

Away at Baylor will be a better test than FL.

My understanding is their o-line is not a strength.

I’m hoping the D-line can effectively pass rush the Bears since Utes secondary gave up 300 yards to a mediocre Mertz.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

We went conservative after building a 24-3 lead & deliberately gave UF the shorter routes in front of us….It was by design….Their passing yards did virtually no harm….I wouldn’t take that as a negative on our coverage.

DallasUte
          Ute Fan
          @dallasute

They had 5 different receivers average over 11 yards a catch. I dont think we were just conservatively giving up short routes. Vaughn got burned several times…

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

Yes, it was predominantly underneath….We gave them enormous cushions after building our insurmountable lead.

Ma’ake Kava
      Ute Fan
      @ma-ake

We thought UF would be vulnerable up front, and we took advantage. It was scheme, atmosphere, energy and depth. We brought it all night, especially in the 2nd half when they were trying to make a comeback. After we made them one dimensional, pressure came from every angle: 5 sacks, a lot of QB hurries.

But yeah, expect Baylor to be better upfront on O. Grimes knows what he’s doing, that won’t be a weakness.

The silver lining from a lot of guys being out is the experience the 2s got. We’ll need that next Saturday, where the atmosphere will be very different.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Baylor O-line: are they good? I’m thinking Florida’s Oline sucks ass.