Behind the curtain of P12 disinformation

Viewing 4 reply threads

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I found this article below from Canzano very interesting:
      In short: Karen Brodkin leads Endeavor, who is the current media consulting group for the Big 12. Brodkin interviewed to be the new Pac12 commissioner, but was spurned and Klavikoff was chosen instead. Afterwards, Brodkin / Endeavor also had hoped to be media consultants to the Pac12, but the Pac12 spurned them again and Endeavor ended up with the B12.
      Beyond the obvious reasons for why the Big12 would try to destabilize the Pac12, this shows additional reasons for why the Big12 media consultants could have a grudge against the PAC.
      While I don’t know ultimately will happen, I think it would be wise to ignore the Big12 chatter about any impending collapse of the PAC. It sounds like they are trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy rather than report things as they actually are.

link

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Everything has a political side. Very interesting. Thank you for the article.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

PS We just won a National Championship in a conference other than the Pac-12.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I saw that go by. Maybe a string of bad luck. God knows if Brodkin was a good candidate. Next, God knows if Endeavor should have been retained related to whoever was. Together it feels like an Xspouse that was able to slip in, burn down your house, and slip away unnoticed while you were on vacation. I do worry that when replacing Scott there may have been much discussion about ability to manage sports operations and such, however, we have learned that the single task of managing media strategy and contracts a hundred times more important. Would you trade screwed up referring awesome TV money? Sadly still, I expect USC and UCLA dominated the decisions made at that time while not having to live with them. An open record would likely show USC has been toxic for the conference, next I hope to see them become a bitch to established eastern bias in the B1G and get used to life as not often at all a contender in B1G football. We need to patch together something useful to ESPN and leverage the best offering for two time zones. Convince them not to walk away from the west part of the country.

1 8

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

I live in Oregon. Canzano is a hack and extremely unreliable source.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

He has a number of fans on this forum.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Behind the curtain of P12 disinformation