BEST PAC 12 TEAM, SO FAR

Viewing 9 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Who do you think the best team in the PAC-12 is so far this season. At first I wanted to say UCLA, they looked good through their first two games, especially considering they were playing a true freshman. The game against BYU wasn’t overly inspiring however. Maybe BYU is a better team than I think, but I really thought UCLA would have been able to take care of business at home against them. Rosen inevitably made true freshman mistakes & I think this will come back to bite them later in the season (hopefully against Utah).

I might have to go with Oregon even with their 1 loss. Their loss to Michigan State is easily the “best loss”, if there is such a thing, in the country. There is no shame in losing a close game to Michigan State on the road. Oregon had multiple opportunities to win that game & ended up being one play short of a win. My big hang up with Oregon is that their defense looks suspect & they continue to struggle with physical teams. This bodes well for Utah this week. If Oregon can get those two things figured out & get through the season with no more than 2 losses I think they will be back in the playoff hunt.

Other than these two teams I’m not sure about the rest of the Pac-12. Everyone else seems to have some glaring issues. I would have included SC, but I think Sarkisian is a faulty lynch pin. SC will continue to lose games their shouldn’t as long as he is there coach.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I think Utah is the best team in the Pac12 right now. We’ve only trailed in any games for what, a possession? It may not be pretty football but it is getting the job done and wins and losses are the only stat that really matters.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Furd has the single best win IMO, AZ seems to be progressing weekly and putting up crazy numbers, but against bad competition, and UCLA seems to have faced the best competition and has come out with 3 wins. Our resume ain’t too shabby at this point but 2 of our wins have come against MWC teams with loosing records.
      I think this weekend tells us a lot about top contenders in the P12.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

going with AZ and UCLA as of right now. i still think USC and Oregon will be at the top in the end.

Anonymous
      Inactive

1ab. fUCLA and Zona.
      2. Oregon
      3-8 who knows.
      9 Washington
      Oregon st, Wazzu and Colorado round out the bottom.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

If I had to make a list

1. a. UCLA b. Oregon
      3. Arizona
      4. Utah
      5. USC
      6. Stanford
      7. Cal
      8. ASU
      9. Washington
      10. Washington State
      11. Oregon State
      12. Colorado

FormerUteSax
        Ute Fan
        @formerutesax

You put Stanford behind USC?

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Yeah, I struggled with that. It does seem really illogical, but I think Stanford’s loss to Northwestern was pretty bad. I know they are ranked, but as someone that lives in BigTen country I am very skeptical of Northwestern.

I guess my logic is this; I think Stanford is going to be better than their loss to Northwestern, Northwestern isn’t as good as they appear now, and USC lost to Stanford in what has been a hard fought rivalry game over the past decade.

Just the way I see it right now. Even if it does do some injustice to Stanford.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

1-Oregon
      2a-UCLA
      2b- Utah

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

Regardless of who is the best, I just want to beat both of the Arizona schools this year on top of a great season.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Would you rather beat both the LA Schools or both the Arizona schools?

If you had to choose.

NorthEZUte
          Ute Fan
          @northezute

As of today, the LA schools because of their ranking collectively.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Just too tough to tell right now, I mean, I thought ASU was going to be undefeated right now — with a win over an SEC team — and they looked to have taken a step back. That’s alright by me living here in the middle of ASU country (Chandler, AZ).

I’d say Oregon, Stanford, Utah, California and Arizona as my top 5.

1Colonial
      @1colonial

Could I split my answer and want to beat Sark and Graham? I think that would be great for me…

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BEST PAC 12 TEAM, SO FAR