Best personal one-game performance in Utah football history

Viewing 11 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We have all attended and watched a lot of Utah football games over the years.  What do you consider the best one-game performances you have seen.

At the top of the list for me are:

– What Joe Williams did in the Rose Bowl a few years ago.  He ran for over 300 yards and set a Rose Bowl record.  He was totally amazing in that game.

– Scott Mitchell passed for 619 yards against AFA in 1988.    At the time that was an NCAA record.

– Scott Mitchell’s performance against BYU in 1988 was also amazing.  He was 20-29 for 390 yards.  That is 18 yards per reception.

– In 1972 when trailing 27-0 to Arizona, Van Galder led Utah to its biggest 4th quarter comeback. He threw for 2 TDs in the 4th quarter and scored the winning TD with ten seconds remaining on a QB keeper.

– In 1994 we were playing a national telecast at CSU,  Lusk was amazing in that game and it ended with CSU knocking on the door to score a game-tying TD when Lusk intercepted a pass in the endzone and took it back over 100 yards for a TD.

What are the best one-game performances in your memory of Utah football?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Joe Willimas was the first thing that came to my mind. 

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

Joe Williams for sure against ucla

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I’d go with Joe Williams…332 yards and 4 TDs at the Rose Bowl after recently coming out of retirement was UNBELIEVABLE!

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

I was at that game, it was probably the most fun I’ve had at a live event.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Sakoda at Michigan, he had a heisman vote after that week haha

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I was at the Joe Williams game at the Rose Bowl, that game will always have a special place in my heart. It’s #1 for me.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

From the same game, Travis LaTendresse w/ 4 Td’s and 200+ yards in the Emerald bowl and Weddle holding Megatron to ~10 yards

Ute_tastic
      Ute Fan
      @ctbo139pk

Reggie Dunn against Cal in 2012. Reggie took 2 kickoffs to the house 100 yards each. Utes win 49-27.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

That should certainly be on the list.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Raise your hand if you were at this game….woot!

Dugway
        Ute Fan
        @dugway

Reggie Dunn against Cal in 2012. Reggie took 2 kickoffs to the house 100 yards each. Utes win 49-27.

The entire stadium was chanting “Reggie, Reggie, Reggie”. It was unbelievable.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Jason Shelley’s 2nd half performance against the TDS. Clutch doesn’t even begin to describe it.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Drew lisk and ty Jordan pulling out a win vs WSU

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

The thing about Williams performance for me was the switch that performance seemed to turn on. He ran pretty great the rest of that year from what I remember. 

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Drew Lisk comming in down 28 to 7 and leading the team to victory over Washington State. Love a good Cinderella storry.  

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

RJ Rice. Why? Because he recovered the muffed punt by Brent Casteel in the first possession of the Sugar Bowl. This is partly in jest, but if he doesn’t correct for Casteel’s error, the Tide were set up deep in our territory and the best quarter in Utah football history never would have happened. We should have a plaque for him somewhere to say thank you.

rudeute
      Ute Fan
      @rudeute

This wasn’t necessarily an important game, but I will always remember Eric Weddle against San Diego State in 2006.  He scored on 2 pick six’s, plus scored on offense with a rushing touchdown.  He had three interceptions on the game (with a fourth possible one being batted down at the end of the game to allow time to expire).  Was the Walter Camp National Player of the Week.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Best personal one-game performance in Utah football history