Viewing 5 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

3 1

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

That sounds great, but where’s Notre Dame?  I just don’t see the BigTen adding any more Pac-12 teams unless N Dame is onboard to join too.  And if N Dame joins, no Utah.

tarheelio
        Ute Fan
        @tarheelio

ND has already said no.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Queue the banjo music. 

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Cal will be the fourth team, not us. The California legislature has been formulating ways to block UCLA’s B1G move simply because they don’t want them leaving Cal behind. Ucla brass will advocate hard for Cal to join just so they can get the state legislature off their backs.

3 3

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Doubt it, big xii here we come

4 1

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I’d take that. Anything but getting left out completely.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I know it’s all speculation at this point, but if the BIG and SEC are going to super conferences I like the Utes chances of getting a BIG invite.  They can give AAU lip service, access to the Mountain Time zone for games (along with Colorado) and Salt Lake City is certainly a bridge between the west coast/ pacific north west and the western side of the current BIG conference.  It would also explain some of the recent recruting commits even though the PAC 12 conference is currently on such shakey ground.

It seems like an arms race between the BIG and SEC is inevitible, and hopefully Utah is a puzzle piece somewhere in that picture.  We don’t need to be a big piece just part of the overall picture.  At the end of the day if the PAC 12 implodes and the BIG doesn’t come knocking, i’d be just fine with the Big XII.  Even without Texas and Oklahoma, there are good teams in that conference and the product put on the field would be entertaining.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.