Biggest Surprise

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

Who has been the biggest surprise so far this young football season? I think an obvious answer is Britain Covey. He came in with a lot of hype, but did anyone expect him to star, and quickly become an effective starter?

I’m also really starting to notice Kylie Fitts. Expectations were high for him, and he’s lived up to it. He’s been getting to the opposing QB and making big things happen.

Any other surprises, positive or negative?

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

I thought this would be the year KScott finally had a breakout season. I feel like the dude works so hard but things never go his way. Case in point the flea flicker last night. First time in a while he gets a ton of separation and the ball is overthrown. The guy is so like able and I want him to succeed so bad. Hopefully it can happen during the remainder of the season. 🙂

Damage U
        Ute Fan
        @damageu

I really like KScott as well, fan favorite and very likeable. Like you said hard worker but a little snake bit as well. He seems to get killed on his blocking. During the Michigan game I chalked it up to going against Peppers. I don’t remember anything off the top of my head during the USU game but he got smoked a time or two last night.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just can’t believe we don’t use Pita Taumoepenu more often, he’s a menace, has had an impact on every play I’ve seen him in. Fanaika has not lived up to the hype.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Positive Surprise: Wilson’s production in first two games.

Negative Surprise: The kicking game. I know we’re only a few games in and the bar is set high for them based on the last year’s performance but overall I think they’ve performed very mediocre. Hope they can turn it around.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The offense playcalls have a sense of direction and purpose. They play to personal strengths rather than “do this play or else”. I thought it was all coach speak when they were saying it in Fall camp but it really is true they use players abilities. This team reminds me of the 2012 Utes a lot.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Covey is #1 surprise.

Lack of a defensive rush/sacks is a big one too.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Biggest Surprise