Bleak outlook for the rest of the season

Viewing 8 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Man. This weekend sucked. We got the win over TDS, sure. But we lost one of our star players in the process (always seems like we lose one when we play those guys), and Williams is retiring. I wasn’t high on Williams anymore to begin with, kid couldn’t hang onto the ball or his starting job. But it sucks regardless.

I don’t have much confidence for the season coming out of this game. Troy Williams showed that he can’t stand up and play under the pressure of a big game, Bolles seems to be an overrated O-Lineman, our already thin WR corps is getting thinner, we just lost a standout D-lineman with not a lot of experience to back him up. Moss looks good, but he’s still not in game-shape and can’t carry the full load of a #1 back and McCormick is too small to run between the tackles.

Looking more and more like a 6 or 7 win season at best.

I hope I’m wrong.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I passed the Debbie Downer torch to BeeHive and now he can pass it to Kiyi.

Dude, we’re 2-0 and staring at San Jose St. After that we get USC. Have you seen USC? Max Browne makes me look fast. They should just call him molasses. Then we get Cal who just got freight trained by San Diego St. We could very easily be 5-0. Hand off here to Ute2004.

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

And Troy Williams has two really good things going for him.
        1- His mistakes are teachable
        2- He can throw

Anonymous
      Inactive

UCLA not looking great and possibly lost Vanderdoes to injury.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Please keep in mind the byu game was Troy Williams’s THIRD D1 game ever. Dude is going to be very very good.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Even with the 3 picks, Troy Williams had a QB Rating of 120. And he averaged 8.3 yards per attempt. He has tremendous upside, and will be very good.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

Next man up…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Whoa whoa. Ok the Oline actually played pretty great and Bolles actually had a lot of BS calls on him. But it didn’t matter because Barton came in and freaking owned some Zoob clowns on an 11 minute drive. Cheer up the sun will come out tomorrow and the Utes are still the best in the whole land. A UTAH MAN AM I!!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sean O’Connell said that every time he watched Isaac Asiata he was flattening Harvey Langi. The road graters really showed what they’ve got on that 11 minute death march. That was pure beauty.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Here’s the flip side, say we come out and put a bigger offensive woopin’ on SUU, we would still downplay it because it’s SUU and let’s see what happens when we get tested.

We gave BYU the ball 6 times and still beat them. You can’t do that to another team unless you’re significantly better.

I like that the team needs to stay focused to get through the next game. We ain’t all that and a bag of chips and the team knows it. We will play better and win at SJSU. After that game we will be talking about something else that needs to get fixed or else we will have no chance against USC.

I don’t think we will be blown away in amazement Saturday but will walk away with a solid win.

When we play USC we will see the team we’ve been waiting to see. This years’ slate on OOC games cannot emulate the intensity and focus that comes with conference play.

Survive and advance.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bleak outlook for the rest of the season