Can our O score 30 points against UO?

Viewing 5 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I am confident about our D, and feel that we will hold UO under 30. So, can our O score 30 points against the UO D?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That ole question coming back post-Rising greatness.
      I think so. Vaki seems to be good for 14. If they keep figuring out high percentage throws for Barnes. He isn’t a drop back passer. So they need better route timing with quick outs, roll outs and check downs. When Barnes does drop back he will roll back 10 more yards instead of stepping up into a pocket.

I was concerned with Parks. He nearly dropped a pass on a good gainer and then dropped another late fourth quarter shot. Wondering if he is battling with some injuries.

Jackson will also give Utah 100 yards on 10-12 carries.

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

Possibly, and if not, perhaps our defense and/or special teams can make up the offensive difference.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Utah 28 – Oregon 21. Book it.

South Africa 24 – New Zealand 20. Book it.

LOL…both of these are taking place at the same time. Which one will Eagle watch?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Considering the Utes game is on Fox I will have plenty of time to see the ending. Commercial breaks it might be halftime by the time the All Blacks prove they are the GOAT of Rugby.
        Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

That may be Eagle, that may be…but the Springboks are the defending champs and have the same number of World Cups as the All-Blacks.

Ol’ Lefty
      Ute Fan
      @alphachicken

I agree with Vaki getting alot of looks from Utahs offense as well as attention from their defense. I’m hoping he gets plenty of opportunities but also opening up the throws to Parks, Vele, and King. We need those guys catching the ball so the running game will work. I was impressed with Barnes improvement over the last little bit. A little game planning, some tools for success and winning streak extended!! Also comparing Utahs defense this year to last year from last years Youtube videos its starkly apparent how much quicker they are now. Very aggressive and much better tackling. I think the D is gonna surprize Nix. Go Utes!!

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Straight up, this D hasn’t given up more than 21 pts. (I’m not counting the TD @ SC after that punt return – 26 if you count it) this year and no more than 2 TDs at home. 30 is way out of bounds.

This year’s game will be a lot like last year’s but Utes are gonna win.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Straight up injecting this into my veins!

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

There’s a couple of things about this game that really puzzle me.

1. The national media has gone “all in” on Oregon’s offense. However, they’re completely ignoring the fact that Oregon hasn’t played one decent defense during the entire season. Their offensive juggernaut has been compiled by playing the equivalent of Coastal Carolina (#100 in FBS defensive rankings) every single game this season. Either they’re too stupid to talk about it or they’re willfully ignoring it because it doesn’t fit their narrative.

2. All we heard before the Florida game was how the altitude was going to affect the Gators, etc..etc…etc..it was a huge talking point for the media before that game. But yet, we don’t hear anything about the altitude when the Ducks come to town. This even though Eugene isn’t much higher than Gainesville and the Ducks haven’t played at altitude in like forever.

Whatever the case, I’m picking Utah 28 – Oregon 21.

Warrior Ute
          Ute Fan
          @warriorute

Another interesting oversight from the media is them talking up Oregon’s running defense. Those stats are padded by playing the running offenses ranked out of 130

117 Washington
          125 Washington State
          126 Colorado
          130 Hawaii
          And Portland State

The best rushing attack they faced was #42 Texas Tech who averaged 5.4 yards per run

The Utes are currently ranked #31 in rushing facing multiple top defenses. I think we will be able to run the ball well against them, which will open things up for Bryson.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Isn’t it funny? The more you peel back the onion that more surprises you find. I’m sure that if Utah beat Oregon a lot of these talking heads will suddenly discover all these talking points we’re putting together here.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

These stats are giving me a lot of hope. UO does have better coaching and they play more sound football than USC, but the RES magic can make up for that.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can our O score 30 points against UO?